PDA

View Full Version : First Ride of the Season

GEOO
04-26-2002, 09:40 PM
Well, felt better today, Chris stopped by and I put him to work. He installed my Shot Gun III mufflers, I did the final checklist.
Griz.....The Shot Guns make the boat much more user friendly. Chris and I could actually have a conversation while idling out of the harbor.
Only a few items to fix. The Shot Guns work great but direct the exhaust right on top of my External steering hose, not a good thing. Alternator belt was loose and can't fit an air intake screen or filter on the intake.Hum??? Modify it??
Boat drives a little different now. The speed was unusable today; strong offshore wind, (only had 1/2 mile of space to run in, right off the beach), two people, Lifeline jackets, tools, Laptop, cameras, other testing gear full fuel, I got on the throttle a couple times for only a few seconds and had to backed off some were around 90 and she was still pulling strong, the acceleration is pretty wild. It will take some time getting used too. The boat handles differently. Never went this fast with full fuel and extra stuff on board!!!the CG is much different. The hull feels different too; when you are hard on the throttle and back off the boat needs to settle back down, seems as if the hull has built up energy and needs to relax.
A GOOD DAY.. GEOO

Looped
04-26-2002, 10:03 PM
Even though it’s bad luck to change the name of your boat but you should change it to “The Triple Digit X”.

Good to here you can hit the 90’s without the touch of the button :D .

Craig

CDMA
04-26-2002, 11:35 PM
Pics to follow....

Scott Pearson
04-27-2002, 06:52 AM
George,
You should have thrown off some dead weight...ie. Computer, Tools, Chris :D . The boat would have handled better then......

(NJ)Scott

JP BRESCIA
04-27-2002, 11:38 AM
Glad to hear all went well. Should be a good time on that lake. :cool:

CDMA
04-27-2002, 01:26 PM
That's it Pearson you are going to have an encounter with the cuisine art drive...Haircut anyone.... :D :D

Chris