PDA

View Full Version : Always a thrill!

harbormaster
02-24-2003, 03:57 PM
I pulled the cover off the 18 Classic yesterday in the hopes of going out for a boat ride.

Due to strong winds and waves we decided against it. It would have been a very wet ride.

Later that evening (at dusk) as I went outside to cover it up, I was struck by the beautiful lines of the boat.

I know this sounds hoaky, but everytime I look at it I have to stop and marvel at our good fortune to own such a wonderful craft.

Sounds crazy but I just had to say it.

Has anyone else just stood there and marveled at the lines of their boat?

MOP
02-24-2003, 04:03 PM
My best time is when I hook it up to the truck and look back at it, it just says READY! And so am I!

Greg K
02-24-2003, 04:13 PM
You're not the only one...I was just doing the same thing the other day as I drove up the drive and got out of the car. Just waiting on the warmer weather to fire it up again. Winter has been too long for me..

William J. Eernisse
02-24-2003, 05:09 PM
When I ran out of Anchor Bay Marina in '00-01(Lake St. Clair), always got comments from offshore owners about their first impressions of Donzi classics. Amazing to learn how many Cigarette, Fountain, Formula, Ocean Cat, and Skater owners owned a Donzi! My '78 was one of the oldest boats at the marina (and the only Classic). Always got nice compliments every week I launched.

HyperDonzi
02-24-2003, 05:24 PM
I love how from one angle the Classics look like a modern sport boat, then you blink and it looks so Classic...

smoothie
02-24-2003, 06:31 PM
yea! sure do.. just as my wife,she thinks Im nuts every time we pull into the garage and I tell her to look at the sleek lines :D

Scott Pearson
02-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Scot,
Its funny you should say that. Cliff(Bertram Boy) and I where talking the other night and he said how he goes out in his garage and cant help but rub his dig-a-ling all over his boat. He said he gets so excited just looking at its rub rail.

Hes a little touched.

(NJ)Scott

Dino
02-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Scott ..Harbormaster... you are so right.
What you see is what many of us see when we look at our boats.
Classic design is characterized by simple tailored lines in fashion year after year - a classic .
The design of the Donzi is no less than inspired.
Our Donzi is in our side yard waiting for the marine surveyor and a second coat of wax.
Judy feels if we never put it in the water we could still enjoy it as a work of art.
Let's hope the second coat of wax doesn't take that long....Because the sound of that baby is also a work of art....
..(Dino)...Dennis

catch 22
02-24-2003, 07:02 PM
My wife loves the look of our 22 classic. But she does not drool on it like I do. She says If I keep drooling she is going to have to get me a bib. She says the Donzi is a true work of art. The Donzi is SWEET. :D

Bug
02-24-2003, 07:21 PM
Yeah I enjoy looking at my 18' Classic when it's sitting on the trailer (after a run) hooked up to the ear muffs and just rumbling away.

Greg Maier
02-24-2003, 07:24 PM
This is my screensaver, it reminds me of better times. Summer in Annapolis, tied up in Ego Alley. This is what keeps me going through the winter.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/GMAIERANNAP4.jpg

Fish boy
02-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Scott,
too funny! you are kidding right???

RedDog
02-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Scott Pearson:
Scot,
Its funny you should say that. Cliff(Bertram Boy) and I where talking the other night and he said how he goes out in his garage and cant help but rub his dig-a-ling all over his boat. He said he gets so excited just looking at its rub rail.

Hes a little touched.

(NJ)Scottyou're killing me - please stop..............

mattyboy
02-25-2003, 08:19 AM
Pearson stop you're scaring me!!!!

man it has been a long winter wink :D :D

was'nt there a song that said

" whatever gets you through the night is all right....."

Matt

blue-z
02-25-2003, 08:27 AM
Oh ya! A nice eating and partying stop is The Sandbar restaurant just outside of Windsor, Ontario (near Detroit Michigan). When I dock the Z-25 I like to sit where I can just look at it while partying. We also have a house lined up to purchase. The double garage is tight so the back will come off and be extended. My three season room/storage for my GTO rag will be set up so all will enjoy the view of the car by the fire. It is a neat kind of sickness!!!!

riverrat
02-25-2003, 09:12 AM
yea Scot, I was just looking at mine last night after replacing that damn speedo! what a pain in the ass! but, I do love the boat & you would like yours even better if it had a weenie bar eek!

the rat..

BERTRAM BOY
02-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Hey Pearson,
You're just pissed off because I thought of it first.........

JimG
02-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Several times, on the way home from Lake Allatoona, I almost crashed.... staring into the rearview mirror! The yellow Donzi just looked SO DAMN GOOD back there! :D

What a gorgeous boat... I'm so happy...I'm getting a little weepy here.....sniff...anyone got a Kleenex?

JimG :D

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
02-25-2003, 07:06 PM
One of the things that never fails to put a smile on my face is when I'm towing the raceboat down the highway without the cover on it (which I do whenever the weather and road conditions permit). The looks and thumbs up gestures it gets are like... "chicken soup for the gearhead's soul". LOL :D
And the classic Donzis are every bit as cool as the racer in their own way!

FR :p

boldts
02-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Scot, right there with ya! My screen saver at work and home is all Donzi pictures from gatherings and of course our 22 Classic. Since it doesn't fit in the garage, I have to cover and store ours at a local lot. There is a 18' TRS Classic there also. As I drive thru the lot, there are Checkmates, Bajas(Sp), Glastrons and others, but no mistaking the 2 Donzi Classics sitting there. Beth thinks I'm nuts. I'm down there just about every night on my way home from work keeping the snow off the cover. The trailer tongue is up high and as I get out of the truck, you look down the side. In my mind, we're launching off a wave and gently landing back into the water at 70 MPH..... This long winter wait is what makes that first ride in Spring, the gathering videos, and the screen saver pictures such a joy when experienced.

Ed Donnelly
02-26-2003, 12:16 AM
My wife thinks I am nuts. I keep the Criterion in the driveway. During the summer I will be working on it so a few of my neighbors drop by . I hook up the garden hose, put on some tunes and my neighbors jump in the boat with me.. I've got more hours in the driveway than I do out on the lake...Ed

Surfer
02-26-2003, 07:52 AM
Scot, I know exactly what you mean, I'll find myself inventing things to check out, as an excuse to go pull the cover off and just stare. I'm a lucky guy, my wife sees the same beauty in her lines that I do, she says it makes her...well you know!

RH
02-26-2003, 03:13 PM
My sentiments exactly on the lines of Donzi. I think that they are just a work of art. I would ultimately like to have my buddy's set up. A walk out basement with a two stall cradle and boat house built in. He has a glass wall between his down stairs bar and family room, ala mohagany boat bar, pool table, wine cellar and alas, the two boats sitting on their carts and remote openers to slide them into the lake. My wife thinks that should be my bedroom!
RH