PDA

View Full Version : FuelMaster...Fact or Fiction?

Murphy
02-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Going through a recent mail-order magazine I saw this little magnetic device that clamps onto your fuel line. Grand total of $15.95. It's supposed to improve fuel efficiency by as much as 11% by "breaking up clumps of hydrocarbons within the fuel". Being a born sceptic I immediately figured it was just another BS hoax since crackpots have been claiming that magnets can cure everything from rheumatism to insomnia since time began. Far as I know, they're only good for holding stuff to the refrigerator and picking up roofing nails. Before I call George W. and tell him we can cut fuel consumption by 11% with magnets I thought I check to see if there's any real science behind this one?

Thanks,

Murph

RedDog
02-23-2003, 10:07 PM
I can provide another version with twice the magnets and providing twice the mileage - send me money now before the big-oil companies buy me out! Just think - once George W gets all the Iraqi oil you'll be thanking me big time (tongue in cheek)

I hope all realize all the discussion about GW wanting the oil is political farse - the real oil mongers are the French and Russians who already have the Iraqi oil concessions - they are just trying to position themselves so they lose nothing if there is no war and have to commit to nothing if there is war

Scott Pearson
02-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Murph,
I have a bridge I'll sell ya......Its called the Brooklyn.

(NJ)Scott

Ed Donnelly
02-24-2003, 02:22 AM
Gee its got to be for real,because, they offer a money back guarantee....Ed