PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Justice

blue-z
09-11-2001, 07:49 PM
From a Canadian,

As I left my class of grade 5 students, I was informed of the turmoil within your country. I was in a state of disbelief and shocked to hear of such an occurance.

Many think Canada is a small and relatively insignificant place. But we are large in spirit and size. Our population is not great but largely populated along your borders. We thrive largely due to your country. We thrive on your media and it is accented by our own. An example would be the huge number of U.S. sports fans such as the Detroit Red Wings.

We saw what happened today.. We shed many tears. No one could believe such a thing could happen. This was accentuated by a country that is relatively weapon free.

We wish your country well. We give prayer and peace to the wounded and dead. We wish swift and fair justice to the victims which include the entire US of A. Freedom was attacked today. We understand that freedom has been victimized. We also hope this does not spread like a cancerous tumour upon such a healthy land. God bless you all. Heal well and know that we think of you with heavy hearts......that are strong and resilient.

Steve, Windsor, Ontario Canada.

We stand in your shadow, in complete respect on the lands and waters hoping this will never occur again.

As I expect my second child tonight, I pray that this.. the largest tragedy to strike the fair free land of USA will never be reckoned again..

Once again,
Swift and Fair Justice to all of you..... and God Bless.

Tony
09-11-2001, 08:45 PM
Steve,

Well said, spoken like the true neighbor and friend that Canada has always been to the US. I am also a teacher, but spent today taking my son to a doctor's appointment.

So tonight I ready myself to face my charges tomorrow, engaging in the lively and pure discussion that 6th graders are so capable of. Many of them who have only video games and movies to relate to, many who have never heard of the Gulf War much less the Vietnam War. My dad's generation had Pearl Harbor/WWII, my generation had JFK/Vietnam, and now our children have the World Trade Center/???.

Tomorrow will be a very difficult day for those directly involved, my thoughts and prayers are with them. Tomorrow will also be an important day for all of us indirectly involved, I hope that we are up to the challenge of helping our youth through this difficult time.

harbormaster
09-11-2001, 08:53 PM
God Bless you Steve. I as an American feel truely fortunate to have neighbors like you and Canada at our side.

BigGrizzly
09-11-2001, 09:01 PM
Thank you from the bottom of my hart. I almost lost a nephew in the tade center but he made it unhurt. His wife and 4 children are very thankfull. I will pas your sentiments on to them.

Randy

boxy
09-15-2001, 09:03 PM
You have many friends in this country.
100,000 of them showed up Friday to pay their respects, and we will do everything we can to help. Here is the news story.
www.canoe.ca/OttawaNews/02n1.html (http://www.canoe.ca/OttawaNews/02n1.html)
Take care, God Bless.

blackwidow
09-17-2001, 03:52 PM
Steve,

As a fellow Canadian your words ring strong and true! There is no worse a crime than that that impacts so dramatically on the freedom and alas the human spirit. But I have been deeply mpved by the words spoken not only by President Bush, but also the citizens on the street...."you can take our buildings but you cannot crush the American Spirit".

I have a special message to my fellow Brother and Sister Firerighters of New York City - the losses you have suffered are felt by us all, there but for the Grace of God go I. I have read the Firefighter's Prayer vigilently lately and want to sign off with the words we all read and feel but pray will never unfold...
"And if it should be Your Will that I should lose my life, Please guide with Your loving hand my children and my wife."

God Bless
BW Kingston, Ontario