PDA

View Full Version : More than an attack on America

harbormaster
09-11-2001, 12:15 PM
This was sent to me this morning from my Boss, an ex desert Storm Commander and fighter pilot who flew F-16 sorties into Bagdad
Dearest friends,

I have long been grateful to have been raised in a God-fearing, patriotic family willing to invest ourselves in the well being of our
blessed nation. As I have matured I have come to understand that ours is
the most inspired system of government in the history of mankind. A fragile
thing at times, but awesome nonetheless, the government of our country is in
the hands of American citizens. As citizens we bear full responsibility for
our government and the leaders whom we select. Therefore we may not shrink from the continuing urgent need to keep our government honest and fair. Nor may we shrink from the responsibility to preserve this nation for ourselves and for the world. So today is a day for strength.

American citizens are under attack today. We will regroup and rebound because of our adherence to the principles of our faith and our dedication to the sanctity of the individual. As individuals we must be
strong. The damage may not yet be finished. Although we must be strong, we
must avoid hatred, revenge and other poisons of the soul that would threaten to turn us into the same type of despicable humans that have launched these attacks today. Lead those around you to this understanding, especially your children. Seek justice and renewed individual commitment but do not allow yourself to lose sight of that which makes you different, that which makes
you the envy of the world and a target for those who are driven by evil.

You and your friends and family are in our prayers.

mattyboy
09-11-2001, 12:36 PM
that is well said,and as it was after the attack on Pearl Harbour, we shall unite, and be diligent in the apprehesion of those resposible, without losing Our sight on the principles on which this nation was founded.
and as I type this post the good news my brother-in-law who works @ 5 world trade center is ok, my thoughts an prayers to all

Matt

Moody Blu'
09-11-2001, 12:50 PM
yeah

Moody Blu'
09-11-2001, 01:05 PM
you know what, I typed a nasty reply before, but I deleted it.

I feel that last paragraph is WRONG. I beleive these people who did this should perish.Yes I feel revenge ,YES I feel hatred!

the terrorist deserve it!

the last paragraph is the sort of stuck up thing that makes HALF of america FAKE!

You know, people who never express there true feelings,(some people on this board shadow there feelings)

This is AMerica WE ARE THE STRONG AND MIGHTY!

not some country who gets picked on and just takes the abuse.

do you all realize that in pearl harbor we lost 2400 people.
We lost A LOT more today.

MOP
09-11-2001, 01:13 PM
We can not alow this to go unanswered, I say give the Arab nations 3 days to produce and turn over the resposnable parties. If not we must strike with all our might all known terrorist groups. If we do not act immedeate and with all our might they will not stop untill they cripple us. Remember they hold little or no value for life.

Phil / Long Island

mattyboy
09-11-2001, 01:20 PM
yes sky, i realize that , i was more comparing the sneak attack . I feel your anger but an all out attack is not the answer, find those guilty or the country that harbors them and wipe them from the face of the earth!!!! set an example!!!
yes we are strong!!! and I am An American tried and true! that's why we are different we don't kill indescriminately!!!!
and remember in order to exact revenge we will be committing our young men and women of the armed forces, yes my friends the stakes are high,our response should be swift and exact. with a message to the people who committ these acts we will not stand for this
but nuking a city would make us nothing but
what we are trying to combat
Matt
don't ever question my patriotism!

Moody Blu'
09-11-2001, 01:51 PM
Im not questioning your patriotism, nor am I saying to "NUKE" these harborers.

GET THE PEOPLE WHO DID IT!!

I think phil has the right idea though, I think we should call a bluff on the arab nations and tell them well nuke you if you dont bring these people forward.
(of course dont nuke them)

boxy
09-11-2001, 02:09 PM
As a citizen of North America it is with deep saddness that I watch today's events unfold. My prayers and sympathies go out to anyone affected by this tragedy.
Take care my friends..

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-11-2001, 02:34 PM
When it is all over we will realize this tradgedy will somehow effect us all, in some way, my morning started when one of the girls who works for me came to me crying to say her dad worked in the first building...
Then my wife on trauma alert duty to receive patients from the Pentagon. We only have a couple level one hospitals in Va.

We all should first pray for our fellow citizens, friends and neighbors. And for the people who on TV were brave and helpful. A true sight of Americans uniting.

We also need to remeber a couple facts before flying off the handle and passing judgement, at first we thought Federal Building bombing was a terrorist act, fact was it was one of our own.

We sent tomohawk missiles into what was to be a terrorist training camp overseas in retaliation for another act of terrorism, fact, lots of sand, so they say now, useless retaliation.

L. Scotland, it took years to get the guilty parties, but we did.

Hopefully our democracy will find the leaders and organizers of this act and bring them to justice.
Our prayers go out to all especially our Donzi family who may have had loved ones affected by this.
May God bless us all.......
Bryan

BigGrizzly
09-11-2001, 02:44 PM
I just found out that my neice and nephew made it out of the trade center this morning alive and for that I am thankfull. My late dad a high ranling officer for the US Army (the kind with a bird on his sholder) I agree with Scots boss. I can also tell you if you get mad you lose controle and lose the fight and the respect of your opponents. As a martialartist the same holds true. Keep controle or you will lose sight of your goal. You younger guys anger leads to frustration. Guys cool down, its hard but do it anyway. Don't let it get to you, that is what these people want. Show your pain is to show your weakness. This is not a bar brawl over a beer or woman. This is the real world and school is out!!!

Randy

Jamesbon
09-11-2001, 02:56 PM
Amen Randy, well put!

Nathan

Moody Blu'
09-11-2001, 03:17 PM
randy randy randy
:rolleyes:

Moody Blu'
09-11-2001, 03:34 PM
get this, one of my friends buddies father was on the plane to boston.

well here is an update, my freind mike kleinberg, and his cousin diana made it out safe!
mike carriote was not in the building at the time!
thank god!

RickR
09-11-2001, 03:46 PM
My condolences go out to all affected by this senseless act of terrorism. Our thoughts are with you.

We need to rally our support of the US federal, state and local government.

Let our intelligence agencies find who is responsible. At this point we do not know who the terrorists are.
Let's not go on a witch hunt.
:( :( :(

Shanghied Again
09-11-2001, 03:57 PM
I don't know were to begin. As a Country we all take our freedom for granted? We live our lives with love in our heart and a love for life in general. We are the first to help a friend in need and a stranger in pain, We pull together when tragedy strikes. We are the first to feed give blood and money to any country that needs our help and we defend ther country land. And yes we try to help the Bastards that wave flags of there country and burn ares. I hope as a Country we don't stand back and wait. We can not afford to let this lay. We are not safe and today has just put a new light to how easy we are to get to. I say a prayer for all the people that are injured and lost there lives so foolishly. I am flying my flag at half mast lights on and a red ribbon on my antena of my truck. I kiss the ground and thank god for my life in the greatest Country in the world. God Bless everyone affected,My heart is with you and to all my Donzi family . Thank god everyone was not hurt any were in the country. :confused:

harbormaster
09-11-2001, 05:06 PM
We must all remember the mindset of the people that masterminded this act of cowardace.

I feel that the majority of them (and their enemies) would dearly love for the USA to start an all out war with them. They can always use another target for a holy war. Remember that these people are the same ones that walk into a crowded pizza parlor and blow themselves up. Do you think the USA coming after them scares them? I think not. Instead of an allout offensive covered by the NEWS MEDIA, I feel that a quiet extermination of those parties involved might be the most viable alternative. These people need to quietly disappear with no trace from the face of the planet in the middle of the night. We have "resources" capable of such things. No malice, no revenge, nice and clean.

Also we need to find out which religious group(s) are "responsible" and If they have factions in the USA. As long as it does not become a witchhunt, their businesses need to be boycotted, and their residency status needs to be closely scrutinized. I believe in personal freedoms, but not to the point of having enemies of the USA living and operating out of our own neighbirhoods. Some of these folks are probably profitting from the very capitalism that they are bent on destroying.

These are my feelings at the risk of sounding like a racist Zealot.

Moody Blu'
09-11-2001, 06:01 PM
I hear you scot,
It really does look like there were bombs at the base of the WTC.

best case scenario, is that the security of the WTC had something to do with NOT seeing suspicious activities.

I dont see how those two buildings would come down from planes alone.

There were DEFINATELY traders in the midst of all this.

its not like I havent seen arab security gaurds before.

The WTC's had to be rigged to blow.

Sagbay32
09-11-2001, 06:42 PM
I am too choked up by all of this to really say what I feel, so I will say this. What is going on in Afghanastan already !!!!!

Don't pick on Arabic people in this country (one of my best friends is Arabic).
Also, Remember how stupid we were during WWII when we put Japanese people in Internment camps. That was ridiculus.

My .02

Classic Razorback
09-11-2001, 07:14 PM
Before we fly off the handle lets remember the wheels of our Government may turn very slow but they grind Very fine.

We will get these people!
;)
chris

Tony
09-11-2001, 08:24 PM
Boxy and Randy posted thoughts and feelings similar to mine, I will remember them as I return to school tomorrow to face the countless questions of 85 innocent, impressionable 6th graders.

In addition to prayers, there is one thing we can all do to help out, and it hasn't been mentioned yet...give blood.

GeneD
09-11-2001, 09:30 PM
According to intelligence sources, a massive communication blitz of the Bin Laden factions was detected immediately after the attacks.
I feel that Afganistan should give him up, or suffer the consequences of war.
No, don't jump to conclusions, but hey, let's admit that this guy and his flunkys are culpable. They have already said they are 90% certain.
Tomorrow will tell even more.

roadtrip se
09-11-2001, 10:22 PM
My job sometimes requires that I take five or six flights a week. The horror of knowing what was about to happen on these flights had to be unimaginable. I pray for every family impacted by this.
Scot, I respectfully disagree with your retaliation suggestion. Once we find out who did this and where they are, these folks need to know what such senseless acts will mean to their families and countrymen or it will never end.
On tolerance, never forget we are a nation of immigrants. Randy has it right, keep your cool, show strength, and we will show everyone why this is the place to be...

Formula Jr
09-11-2001, 11:31 PM
Make peace with yourself and your god, and live without fear. Do that, and they can never win. They can kill us, they can deface our symbols, but they can never make us afraid. Live every day the best you can and love those around you. Freedom is more important than a few animals.

Moody Blu'
09-12-2001, 12:07 AM
How the **** can anyone think that what happened to the us today was "gods work"?

If those people are that dumb to beleive that, then they all deserve to die.

Formula Jr
09-12-2001, 01:35 AM
Make peace with yourself and/or your god, and live without fear. Do that, and they can never win. Flight 93 won. Handholding jumpers won.

Rootsy
09-12-2001, 08:46 AM
Everything that happens in this world is a part of god's plan... most of it is just beyond our understanding... but everything has a purpose... though we like it or not...

Moody Blu'
09-12-2001, 09:17 AM
All I know is that mayor guilliani says they are rebuilding.

I bet we'll make it BIGGER and BETTER!

TALLER too!

"" ""
"" ""
"" ""
"" ""
"" ""
"" ""
"" ""
"" ""
"" ""
"" ""