PDA

View Full Version : Minx questions

Philip47
07-25-2001, 08:40 AM
Saw a 86 Minx for sale, replaced engine, running a stout 350, supposed owned by a boat mechanic and is tight and right.

Any backgound on these boats? what are they worth, seems like it would be a good boat for rough water
Thanks

TORYSMINX
07-25-2001, 09:17 AM
Yes I have an 87 Donzi Minx and I am very happy with it. It handles very well and is fun to drive in the rough water. with a stout 350 with the right prop you may see 64 but dont hold me to that. I currently am building a very stout small block and I will report back soon.

As for the price goes I have scene anywhere from 8500-17000. I think a fair price is between 9500-11k being in very good condition.

Email me if you have any further questions

Randy Hibbard
07-27-2001, 11:22 AM
Phillip, these are great boats. A bit more size and weight than an 18 makes for a great ride in a 20 foot boat. Goodluck. Hey Tory, did you get your exhast manifolds yet? I was wondering how the stainless marines would do and what lenth riser to go with? with your cam I would imagine the long ones! Have you asked Allen Brown if they fit on a Minx? If they do, I'll get them. Let us know!

TORYSMINX
07-27-2001, 11:39 AM
I got the manifolds the other day and boy are they sweet. The construction is unreal and they show quality. I went with the standard length and I have the 4" tubes to match up. I only have a 220 deg cam but with a .500 lift(roller that is). Brownie told me to go with these ones. They will fit on the minx and he told me they would. Just waiting to get the motor back hopefully this week off the dyno stand. Stay Tuned!

Randy Hibbard
07-27-2001, 11:55 AM
Cool! that's what I wanted to hear. My cam lift is only .477 on the exh. so the standard risers should be fine, and cheaper too. I'll be interested to hear how the shift, mercathode, and oil filter assy brakets bolt up to the manifolds and also if you run the stock thermostat housing with T fitings to combine water flow to the manifolds. I wonder what the best water hook up is since Stainless makes their own housings.