PDA

View Full Version : Early Donzi Restoration

glen
04-24-2002, 09:44 PM
I am restoring what I think is a 64-66 Donzi 16 and I am trying to find out the original configuration of a few things.

I have seen photos of early models that have two lights on the forward deck. Mine has the two holes (lights are missing); were these both combination red/green nav lights?

The current power is Ford 289/Volvo 270 (I think the original power may have been swapped out at some time). There are no exhaust manifolds; not much available for replacements. Were the original Interceptor manifolds made by Barr Marine? My exhaust tips thru the hull are widely spaced apart, did the original log style manifolds have risers with an elbow that turned the exhaust 90 degrees outboard (there are hoses still in the boat which turn 90 degrees and point inboard)?

Finally, I have the wide dash with five guages plus the fuel guage in the floor. One of the Stewart Warner guages in the dash now is a vacuum guage, what was the original configuration?

DON N.
04-25-2002, 07:03 AM
Lets see,without uncovering boat.

DON N.
04-25-2002, 07:10 AM
top left:temp guage - bottom left:gas guage - center: tachometer - top right:oil pressure - bottom right:ampmeter.

MOP
04-25-2002, 07:27 AM
Not much help with questions, but have seen one with metal elbows off the risers to get the exhaust outboard. Never have seen 90 degree risers. Lots of luck and many cocktail table stories after it done.

knots2u
04-25-2002, 10:40 AM
Barr probably has the manifolds/riser's you need. They changed their name to EDM ( now owned by Indmar), try 540-291-4180, Mike there has the most knowledge.

Gearhead99
04-25-2002, 07:04 PM
The early Donzi's had two lights on the bow. The forward or front light was the normal red and green. The light that was back behind the combination light was a white light that shown forward. I don't remember the degrees of illumination. But, it was something like 100 or 120 degrees. You also had a white lite on the stern in the middle of the metal louvered vent. This light only shown aft with a degree attached to it too.

I think, not sure, that the white lights when lite together were the anchor light.

My 65 had a dash that was long with 5 gauges. Tach in middle, oil, amp, temp. One was a blank.
Gas gauge in floor.

Ross
04-25-2002, 08:12 PM
I would also expect that in the dash is the key and a starter button. Always loved that separate starter button !!

JP BRESCIA
04-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Ross. I second that. Cars, boats, cycles, whatever. I love pushbutton starts. Except for Stockcars of course. They have a toggle. :D