PDA

View Full Version : 22' Classic on Ebay

Looped
04-24-2002, 01:25 PM
Well I saw no familiar names under the bidding history for this Donzi so I figured I would throw this one over here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1824041456&r=0&t=0

Craig

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-24-2002, 04:55 PM
No reserve...

roadtrip se
04-24-2002, 05:24 PM
I saw this boat at the dock and on the lake once last summer. Talked to the guy and he seemed like a pretty straight good ole boy. Boat was a 7.8 on a scale of 10. He didn't really seem to know much about what he had and he never showed up on this board after I told him about it.
Just a boat that he had picked up at auction.
She needs to find a better home.
We will be going right by this guy on Saturday if anybody would like for me to check it out.

Todd

Tidbart
04-29-2002, 12:30 PM
Hey Todd,
Did you happen to get another look at this boat?

Looped
04-29-2002, 12:52 PM
There is also this Blackhawk that just popped up on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1825405686&r=0&t=0

roadtrip se
04-29-2002, 12:55 PM
Yes. I would revise my scoring to 5.8 from a 7.8.
Remember, I had only seen this boat in the water before.

High points. She only has 80 hours on her. The interior, carpets, dash, windshield, and hardware are in nice shape.

Low points. The boat has sat out in the open and is oxidized and dirty. The bow surface appears to be patched from underneath. The drive, skeg, and prop are pretty trashed. The drive can be moved by hand from the outside of the boat. The bottom is banged up pretty good from what appears to be beaching in gravel. Trailer is trash.

Mixed bag for a 97 model, but she could be brought back with a lot of elbow grease and TLC.

Todd

Tidbart
04-29-2002, 01:03 PM
Thanks Todd, You just saved me from a potential nightmare. Sounds like this used-car salesman is looking for another sucker. I guess his assessment of "absolutely flawless" and "in excellent condition" are more than just a stretch of the truth. Much appreciated!!

Bob

pmreed
04-29-2002, 04:32 PM
Bob, I'd sort of been thinking about this boat, but after talking to you this weekend, I could see you were more serious than I was. Glad you didn't step into a pile there. How about that Blackhawk though?

Phil

Tidbart
04-29-2002, 04:43 PM
Any guesses as to what it is worth??? It is tempting.

boldts
04-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Take a look at the 29 addional pictures of the Blackhawk. With only 23 hours on her, the boat is not even broken in yet. Shouldn't stay at $20,000 for very long. Very nice looking Classic!

More Pics (http://members.aol.com/donzi22blackhawk/)

pmreed
04-29-2002, 08:35 PM
Bob, Poking around I find that low 30s seems to be a ballpark number for a 22' Blackhawk, but, like any boat, condition has everything to do with it! Maybe this is the Donzi I should jump on...but, so far away, so I think not.

Phil

Tidbart
04-30-2002, 06:22 AM
Hey Todd, are you sure you looked at the same red 22 in Texas?? That guy sent me some photos and it doesn't look like anything you described.

roadtrip se
04-30-2002, 08:51 AM
The boat I looked at is the one on ebay.
But I have been acused of being a detail freak
and very picky. So, attached is an email from a friend that spent some time looking at the boat on Friday. If you can buy the boat right.....

Hey Todd,

Just got back from weatherford, I have to say that I was a little dissapointed with the condition of the 22, lot's of hull damage along the keel, like it had been pulled up on the beach alot. The engine ran rough, some play in the outdrive trim hinge fittings, the trim pump sounds rough coming up, could not get anything on the radio, the trailer is a piece of junk ....... Did a prop shaft runout, looked straight, didnt put a dial indicator on it though, the prop is stainless, but all beat up (junk)..... did not check the outdrive oil for condition ....... Everything worked, (except the radio) bottom line, the boat has been run hard and put up wet from the beginning ..... Just my .02 Later,,,,,

Tidbart
04-30-2002, 04:57 PM
Thanks. I just needed to double check. Better picky than broke.
Bob

nuck'in futs
05-01-2002, 06:48 AM
Looks like the boat went for $19,099.01 last night. Another 97 described as a perfect 10 also showed up on the Trader last night $23,995. Same name as high bidder.

roadtrip se
05-01-2002, 10:04 AM
Anyone find it ironic that the highest bidder was another used car dealer?

RickSE
05-01-2002, 10:35 AM
Nuck'in futs is on to something. The boat sold on ebay to platinumautos.com and if you look up the phone number in the boattrader ad placed last night it links to:

Platinum Wholesale Inc
8107 W Bostian Rd
WOODINVILLE, WA 98072

They have showrooms in Washington and Scottsdale AZ, so looks like they're moving the boat to Scottsdale.

Stupid car dealers! One owner my ass. :rolleyes:

We should all call them up and offer $19,099.01 for the boat.

Hotspare
05-01-2002, 02:45 PM
I cant remember if the VIN# was on ebay, but I have it, so if anyone has a concern, let me know, I'll email ,,,,,, OH also,,,, I was told, the boat is blue now ,,,,,,,,, These guys should stick with car's ............ :p

roadtrip se
05-05-2002, 05:18 PM
Hate to wear this topic out, but I was in Weatherford, Tx today dragging the "Roadtrip"
back to Fort Worth in preparation for the AOTH.

Drove by the used car lot where this unloved boat was located during the auction and IT IS STILL THERE. Not Arizona. The games that these people are playing to separate someone from their money.
In my opinion, somebody should be riding for the $19K that was high bid on this rigged auction!

BEWARE of these people....

Todd