PDA

View Full Version : 502, repaired, our two days of running her

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Ran strong, tach has never been so steady, instant start, etc.
Still out of prop (rev limiter) so we will try the new Throttle Up lab 26 next.

Sure is nice to be boating again, minus the sunburn we got today. :)
Bryan

MOP
05-11-2003, 07:02 PM
I can't see it from here but I bet there is a super wide **** Eating Grin on your puss! Super to hear all worked out well, will watch for speed report!

Cuda
05-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Glad it's working out. I know about the sunburn too. frown

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-11-2003, 09:26 PM
M.O.P. your posts are always neat, and as usual I smiled when I read your reply. Thanks...
Speed reports are about the same, we bounced between 65 and 67 GPS, but much easier to "rev limiter" out than last year.

The difference in performance this year over last could be the injectors especially as far as the steady tach, it never was like it is now. But the noticible difference is the quickness to plain and mid range since the exhaust change, no top end gain in my eyes but better all around performance. (Oh, and no rust dripping in the bildge)
Bryan

Digger
05-12-2003, 06:18 AM
thats great to hear Bryan! it's gonna be a good summer.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Thanks Digger, new prop is on and we plan to run tomorrow, we thached the yard today vice boating.. :rolleyes: I need a Condo....

We look forward to you settling in here, hit our web site and register for the poker run.
See you soon.
Bryan

fasttrucker
05-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Did you reprogram the ecu?I think that when i did that, we raised the rpm limiter.I gained a lot 6 mph.

Donzi22zx
05-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Hey Bryan, get your ECU reprogramed, it works, get rid of your 26p prop it will slow you down. I had to get my ECU reprogramed, I had the RPM set at 5,800 and added a MSD soft touch rev control set a 5400rpm and went with a 24Bravo 1 prop. The 26 is too big for the mods you did, please call me on SAT or sun if you get a chance. Bill

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Bill, I will give you a call, in my situation I tend to disagree on the 26 is "too much" comment, I know a 24 is far from enough. I choose to get a real professionally done brand new prop from Throttle-UP, it should be just about right, plus they will dial it in for me once for free. Big difference between a $150 prop job from the local guys and the real deal for about $800, I learned this lesson after some cheaper so called lab props that did nothing for me.
I should know how she runs soon.
Boat is going in for maitenance (100 hour alignment) tomorrow morning since the weather is still crap.

As far as the ECU, I don't want to turn the RPM's you mentioned. I am content with 5100 and whatever speed I get after the new prop and exhaust for this seasons investments (about $3k).
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Bill, still no luck on the phone.
Try me after 1pm today.

I posted on my motor mount issue on a seperate thread. Can't wait to get her home.

Next search will be for a full cover, I have the one from Donzi, now I want a real nice one in blue..
Bryan