PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Registry Handbook

harbormaster
05-11-2003, 06:43 PM
This main purpose of this website is to help everyone have fun. Thats it and nothing else.

Remember, it all boils down to this...

A Boat is only a lump of fiberglass that we have fun with. None of them are worth getting angry over.

Most all of us will be dead and Dustwithin 50 years. A lot of us sooner that that

Have as much fun as you can While you can.

When you start to get mad at someone please re-read the last 2 sentences again and think about what they say.

Cuda
05-11-2003, 07:08 PM
But the fiberglass will live on! :) :D

Brad Lyon
05-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Scot,

I have read the two lines a few times and I think they tell me that I am old! Bummer!

Brad

MOP
05-11-2003, 07:31 PM
I be damn lucky to make another 20, if my body gets any grumpier I'll need an Air seat in my Donzi!

Formula Jr
05-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Nicely put, Scot.
I might also add: It doesn't matter if its a Donzi Dink or an F2. The boat is just the vehicle thru which we meet. I'd rather row with an old soul, than fly with an A-Hole. Bragging Rights are relative. Status is measured in the kindness, extended- be it information, or action - and under no other basis. Pettiness and Donzi are mutually exclusive terms. This is where we find adult play in all its forms. This is our sand box. And i have to say, over the last three years, it has become a Grand and Beautiful sandbox. :)

HyperDonzi
05-11-2003, 07:32 PM
I hope I have more than 50 years till dust wink

Good handbook, I cant remember who said it in that other thread, but "The more you argue, the more the other guy thinks he is right"

oldLenny
05-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Nicely put OWEN, and ...'CUDA, you're right, the glass will be here for another 50 at least. (then people make planters and stuff out of them)

Scot, I couldn't agree more, and the people I have met through this place have been awesome!!!

...even you... :p

...actually, especially you and Kimmy...

Thanks again!

Team Jefe
05-12-2003, 07:17 AM
I am not a Web Surfer, The internet doesn't hold that much interest for me, but this site is the exception. Even though I'm not as plugged in as most, I still need my fix of the DonziNet most days.

I've even done something I NEVER thought I would. I've actually met people and gotten to know them from the Internet.

I'm sure it helps, having the Mastaa right down the road, but I have to say; this SE Texas Donzi Crew is a Top Shelf bunch of folks.

Thanks for letting Vicki & me be a part of it :) .

JEFE

Surfer
05-12-2003, 07:33 AM
I too, have never been involved in chat rooms, as I have always had to many other projects, till I was introduced to this site, and the realization that there are others with my addiction. The passion for "a lump of fiberglass" is what its all about, and the payoff, fun fun fun.

goatee
05-12-2003, 10:45 PM
i just want to say, that i have only felt welcome here since i found this site. you all are a great bunch of people, and i feel privileged to be here. i really hope that i can make AOTH111 and meet you all in person.
(donzi owner wannabe)

krakmeup
05-13-2003, 08:55 AM
Hey Goatee, tell me 'bout your avatar, the one that didn't get away. Is that a seven gill? Send me private email if you like,

krakmeup@houston.rr.com

Keith

goatee
05-13-2003, 05:33 PM
caught in alaska aug. 24th. 2000. its is a salmon shark. salmon, mako, great white, are all related.
it is a very migratory animal. it follows the salmon. maintains a body temp around 18 degrees above the water its in, so its not warm blooded, yet not exactly COLD blooded. VERY high blood pressured fish. its meat was like a cross between fish, and chicken. cut into steaks and bbq'd. (until i smoked some) then it never seen the grill again! 8feet, 400lbs. took me maybe a little over 30, 40 min. maybe to get her in.
as far as gills, same as a white shark. (the newer) its not one of those ancient 7 gilled sharks. all day trip with lunch for the 3 of us alone on the charter, $180. awsome eh? trick is, you got to get to alaska. if you never been there,,,,you have to go!
p.s. caught it with a rod and reel! no chair!
i forget what lbs. test line it was now,,,med. tackle i'm sure. it wasnt light.