PDA

View Full Version : Lenco Tabs for jkeefe and others

WOT-sup
04-23-2002, 05:37 PM
Jack, gather that you like your Lenco electric trim tabs. Read about them a couple of years ago in MBJ and thought they might have possibilities. Looked at them at the MIBS in Feb and they look like a good product. Asked the rep about failure rate due to water intrusion and he had an exact number(which I've forgotten *see below*) but it was minuscule.

Are you happy with the size that you installed? Do you have a t.t. indicator, if so what kind? Did you go with the auto-retract function etc?

Anybody else out there in Donziland have any experience with this product??

Thanks, Brad

*approx 37.8 % of statistics are made up on the spot

CrackerJack
04-26-2002, 06:25 PM
Brad,
Sorry for the late reply, but was out for a few days. Just have the standard set up. Indicator
would be nice. The cost was the reason I did not
get them at this time. Will probably not have any real problems until I use them in the Gulf this summer. They claim that there should be no problem
in salt water. The tabs have instant response
and were easy to install. I have the 9x12, which
are 12x9 according to Bennett. The two companys
refer to the size in different terms. Jack

Stepped Bottom
04-26-2002, 09:22 PM
Lenco produces a good quality trim tab, and most importantly they stand behind their product.

Donnie

abelchinewalker
04-26-2002, 09:24 PM
Oop's sorry, didn't notice that my wife was still logged in.

Donnie

RPD
04-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Brad & Jack

After 2 months of being told by Boatersworld that my Lenco tabs would be in on "Wednesday" I finally got them.... do you have the TT or the RT 12x9? Does the actuator hit the trim tab somewhere in the middle or at the back edge of the tab? Mine hit at the back edge and it looks like a really acute angle, especially when they are down. Any info would be helpful as I plan to install them tomorrow unless someone talks me out of it.

PS: I looked at the Bennetts.... I liked the simplicity of the Lenco's and the 12x9.... I don't think Bennett has one in that size, only with the 12 on the hinge and 9 on the length... The Lenco's are heavier though, and they have bolts through the tab so that the bottom isn't smooth...

Bob

CrackerJack
04-26-2002, 10:30 PM
Bob,
I have the TT9x12. That is 9" long and 12" wide.
The actuator is closer to the center. The edge mount according to Lenco is to mount the actuator
lower on the transom.