PDA

View Full Version : My week of "boating"

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Below is how I spent my last two weeks on the worlds newest CVN..... RONALD REAGAN

On a DONZI note, the boat is ready for pick up. Merc sent all new injectors on their dime, ZCare came through for all the labor (6 hours), and I pay the deductble plus 1 hour labor for the water test. 3 weeks to get to this point.
They said the boat ran great.

Bryan

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellcvn.jpg

HP 600SC
05-08-2003, 09:26 PM
God Bless America!!!!
Totally AWESOME!!!!
Thank you Bryan.
Ted (Plankowner)M.

boldts
05-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Bryan,

Welcome back home! The Reagan looks fantastic.

I was at a F-1 race shop last night and your experience with your Donzi and posting it here allowed me to help a Fountain owner who had just re-installed his 502 punched out to 509. The engine would not idle and would do what is called wind milling. (engine idle would go from 500 RPM to 1200 RPM and back again) Remembering reading your problem, I suggested that the injectors be checked. Sure enough, one injector was broken and not putting any fuel in the cylinder. The computer was then trying to compensate for the missing fuel by accelerating the engine.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Scott B, glad to help, by accident! LOL
Oddly enough, Merc or the Mechanics cannot give me a reason "why", that is why Merc paid the $85 per injector....
Too many "if's on my boat, the factory crawling around in the engine compartment while doing some work for me, us with maitenance etc... who knows why, and at this point, who cares....
We are just happy she did well on the water test.
I pick her up in the morning. :) :) :)

TED, ROANLD REAGAN had a great couple weeks at sea, the tax payers finally got what they paid $4.5 Billion for... They had my going away party last night, our last night at sea for this test period, off to a desk and retirement! :) A good thing, as Nancy would say. :p
Bryan

Donzi22zx
05-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Hey when do I get my ride? Glad to hear your boat is done, have fun boating, let me know how your prop works, give me a call sun if you can, I will be testing my boat this weekend to. I installed a larger oil cooler, plug wires and a Arizona Speed & Marine ECU today. Talk later Bill

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-08-2003, 10:29 PM
Bill, my last day is 13 June on the ship, come down prior for the VIP treatment, wife and kid also, any time, week days too.
Oh, and Monday's are always shrimp and lobster in the wardroom, one lunch for all costs about $36 thousands dollars, every Monday! eek!

Glad to hear you got the boat back together, I will share data on mine once WE test her out.
Bryan

harbormaster
05-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Hey Bryan,

Hows about a photo of you in uniform?
Just to really prove you are in the Navy.

Forrest
05-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Yea, I've only seen him in shorts and a T-shirt.

--------------
Forrest

CVN-76 is covered by Z-care? Nothing like buying a new boat! :D

James Adcock
05-09-2003, 12:11 PM
Bryan, I just wanted to say Welcome Home! Is that ship bad to the bone or what! Glad you and your crew are headed home. And the taxpayers get there $$$ worth even when you all aren't deployed.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-09-2003, 02:47 PM
HARBORMASTER, your too funny, I will see what I can do.....
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-09-2003, 05:12 PM
OK, here ya go Scot, from years back (1991 I think) when I was an enlisted man, I was in charge of the Presidents "Point of Light" program in the school system here locally.
I did not recieve my commission until 1996.

He may not have known how to finish the job in Iraq, but his son damn sure did. GW Bush Jr pictures to follow after the 12 July commissioning of the worlds greatest aircraft carrier.
Enjoy.

The Donzi came home today..... we splash in the a.m.
Stay tuned.....
Bryan

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellbush1.jpg

HP 600SC
05-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Come on B!!
Everyone has a photo like that!!!
:D :D Damn Impressive!!!
Ted M.

Darrell
05-09-2003, 05:54 PM
Byran:

Great pic of the new ship, that almost makes me feel good about paying taxes. :) You know Pres. Bush Jr. has a thousand points of light program also, (we seen it over Bagdad) biggrin.

God Bless you & all the military folks;

Darrell

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Darrell, thanks, I plan to test the new prop Monday.. The tax payers got a pretty good deal, and believe me our fleet of carriers are getting tired from the Iraq war.

Poodle.... funny.... Your time is coming, I am sure you are shrinking in your old age.
Bryan

Still 6'6"

One way to wash a boat, Counter Measure Washdown.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellcvn1.jpg