PDA

View Full Version : Clear something up for me...

Murphy
05-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Is a water separating fuel filter also a particulate fuel filter? (I know this sounds like a real stupid question). If so, why do I need a screen in my carb intake? Or should I add a high flow billet K&N fuel filter and eliminate the screen anyway?

Be gentle...

Murph

MOP
05-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Murphy in my eyes all water sep's are not equal, I really do not care for the can types. I feel if you want a water separator do a good one Dahl or Racor you can periodically check them by pulling the plug and at seasons end pull the bowl and clean it. The can types most people put a fresh one on each season but don't check them till the engine dies cause the darn thing filled up and past the water on to the carb. As far as carb filters, I think they should always be left in, a just in case thing.

Murphy
05-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Scott,

Good info...thanks. Little help understanding. Sounds like the B32020MAM spins on to the existing Mercruiser filter mount. Does the 660RAC0-2 also spin onto that mount or does it require a Racor mount?

Thanks,

Murph

Fish boy
05-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Thanks Madposter for the info; Water seperator lessons are better learned the easy way than the fishboy way. :D

MOP
05-16-2003, 11:04 PM
Anyone looking for one, should clean up nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2415742098&category=31286