PDA

View Full Version : A question for CDMA and X-dimensions...

oldLenny
05-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Chris, with all the talk about older V-DONZIS (sharp keeled and newer rounded ones, how did you, or where did you put your X dimension on the sharp keeled boat? At 12 degrees (our boats..., 18's) a Bravo One is at 14 1/16" off of hull bottom maesured along the actual surface. This being the same for your boat, (although you raised your X dimension) did you measure off of the sharp V bottom for your reference or transpose the width of the cavitation plate to the transom and then measure up from there?

Formula Jr
05-07-2003, 05:38 PM
Len. Do you want a surface drive? If so, why? Given your sea states. You're never going to hook up unless you go Arneson with what you have around there. A surface pericing 16, running in the North Sound. Oky - you are crazy.... Air Time means, no acceleration. Every photo of Aronow, 5 feet off the surface, meant the throttle guy screwed up. Nice photo, but you want to be planted at all times for "offshore" speed. Yes the Jr gets up and flys, but that's a lake setup. I wish you had sen Jeff's X-18 boat in action. Now this boat could plant is ass down and really pour on the power. It doesn't fly in the same sense. It powers through, and sucks back down to maintain power on. There is very little lift. And it's wicked fast.

oldLenny
05-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Owen, no, I am not thinking about a surface drive. This is about a BRAVO and an 18. I have a BRAVO and it is going on the "psuedo 18"... :rolleyes: I was just curious as to how he came up with his X dimension on that hull bottom. I have rounded bottoms :D on both the 16 and 18. Yes, I agree, the Arneson would not work here in these waters. It was not a question with regards to air time. All the new Bravo's have both low water and upper pick-ups included. They suggest no MORE than 3" of X raising!!! eek! I am thinking about 1" so I can gain a bit of speed and remain "hooked up" and get on plane easy. All this layout got me thinking about the sharp keeled boats.

That's all... :)

CDMA
05-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Lenny I am measures using the cavitation plate method not off of sharp point. Makes about 3/4 " difference.

And guys you are wrong about the Arneson's in rough water. That is where they truely shine. Geoo's boat is fast but after you run it you realize speed isn't the most amazing part. It is how it handles rough conditions with control and stability....ask Cliff...

Chris