PDA

View Full Version : Smaller Pic's..454MAG BEEFED UP a little..

Air 22
05-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Sorry about pic size...1st pic post:D :rolleyes:
thanx DOC & LIZ for digital photo.. wink

oldLenny
05-06-2003, 07:47 PM
right click it and save onto your desktop or something. Then open MGI Photosuite or any other pic program, even MS PAINT, open it in there and reduce its' size to about 1024 at its largest dimension by whatever, (but smaller), then save it and upload it. Save it as a jpg tho...

boldts
05-06-2003, 07:57 PM
You need to use a photo editor like Image Composer. Size should be no wider than 580 pixels. BTW, Great looking engine. I like the Donzi on the hatch also.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/sbsmaller.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/sbsmaller2.jpg

Indyblackhawk
05-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Very nice looking engine cabinet! How did you go about finishing the inside of the engine hatch like that? is it an easy do it yourself or must it be done by a professional? Im interested in dressing up the engine cabinet in my LE Black Hawk

Air 22
05-06-2003, 09:01 PM
INDY...did paint work myself. Trick is to use a HIGH GLOSS exterior paint and primer applied w/ a foam roller. 2 coats of each wink Lots of sanding b4 hand w/ power-sander .

Scott thanx for the tips..can't figure how to reduce sizes :confused: tried re-saving but it won't upload? not computer savy yet :rolleyes: Still trying wink

Stan
05-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Very Very nice engine compartment...I also like the flame arrester...where can I get one like that for my 454 ??

Thx

Stan

Air 22
05-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Stan...Thanx wink ...you can get one from Kieth Eickert
http://www.keith-eickert.com/acc_flame.htm

Mine is 2" thick SS mesh. you'll most likely need a carb spacer 1" or 2" depending on your eng set-up. Also a longer center carb threaded bolt... stock will be to short eek! They powder coated mine. Send a pic so they can match color etc..enjoy :D

Dr. Dan
05-06-2003, 11:20 PM
:cool: Wow...........I have never seen anything that cool ...at least not since I saw it 3 weeks ago in your driveway! :rolleyes: Now all we have to do is find someone who can drive it as good as it looks!....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! eek! I Got it, how 'bout that hot chick you're living with down there in the Bayou? Crissy would be the perfect compliment to that spectacular engine compartment....just make sure she leaves you on shore!.... :p ....Doc of Delinquents in the Yukon!

Air 22
05-06-2003, 11:24 PM
DOC you just want to "touch" em again huh :rolleyes: yep they will make a very nice compliment this summer..pics comming soon :D

boldts
05-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Air, no sweat sir. That's what were here for. To help our fellow family members. BTW, by the looks of that avitar picture, I need some lessons in flying a 22 Classic. Excellent shot!

Fish boy
05-07-2003, 09:41 AM
That really looks fantastic!!!! Looks like you just raised the bar on what an engine and compartment should look like.

Air 22
05-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Fishboy..thanx...did all the work myself. Made templates out of packing paper for the Diamond plate then went to a sheetmetal gut who cut them out. Not hard to do just alot of time invested wink
Wife says i'll be sleeping in it if i'm not careful... eek! Anyone wants more info on the "how to's" just let me know. :D

Stan
05-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Scott,

OUCH !!!!!!!!!

That air cleaner setup is about $ 350 Bucks !!!!
Looks great but will it make a performance difference from my stock round mercruiser filter ?

Looks friggin' great though !!!

Stan....... :cool: :cool:

Air 22
05-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Stan..anything will be better than the stock flame arrestor. More Air = More power just like in a car. These higher rpm eng need as much air as possible especially at full throttle. Hell, why do you think they get blowers etc... :D If she can breath better she'll run better..period wink I'm not into supercharging...can't afford the replacement now as those things run great... :D but they don't last as long as nomally aspirated engines. As for cost..you get what u pay for usually. There are many co's making flame arrestors..

http://www.cpperformance.com/

Let me know if I can help.. :D