PDA

View Full Version : Rolls Trailer transport

Hornetman
10-03-2001, 03:50 PM
OK guys, I've been "away" for a while. Took the summer off after losing my job in January, and just went back to work. I need some help. Am looking for anyone travelling north through N.C. that is willing (for any reasonable price) to pick-up a new dual axle Rolls trailer that has been sitting in Wilmington for a while now. Any interested parties should e-mail hornetman1969@hotmail.com. BTW GEO, Geno, Frank what's new? ;) null
Maybe one of you other New England boys want to order a new trailer too, and we can split the delivery cost????

CDMA
10-03-2001, 05:32 PM
Drove to Monkey Junction Marine ( Wilmington NC) in August to get mine. Wish I would have known if it was ready then. 25 hours....300 dollars...non stop. Just me and a buddy....it was brutal.

Chris

Forrest
10-04-2001, 10:11 AM
Hay, I've been to Monkey Junction outside of Wilmington, NC! Talking about a small world! A local told me that they gave it that name 'cause someone kept a monkey over there at one time. Wow! Actually, that's a great beach near there and a great area for boating.

Hornetman
10-04-2001, 11:37 AM
Scot, The trailer has been @ Monkey Junction for about 2 months now. Rick isn't too happy. Anyhow I'm giving it another week or two, then I'm goint to get in the '93 Explorer (235,000 miles) and make the trip to get it myself. Should be a lot less brutal in Oct. than it was in Aug. Boy I wish I'd posted this sooner. Little happened over the summer with the boat. Need the trailer to be able to move the boat so I can get the shaft, engine etc. installed. I just inherited a bunch of cash from my Grandad so there is now no excuse not to be up and running for next year.

CDMA
10-04-2001, 11:48 AM
Sorry steve. If I had known I would have just stacked em up and pulled it right to New York.

Forrest,

That monkey junction was a cool place. I wish I stayed over night a looked around a bit. We drove 12 hours and were there for 20 min and turned around. The lady there said the service station used to have a monkey tied up out front as a pet/attraction so they called the marina next door "monkey junction marine". Rather interesting....

Chris