PDA

View Full Version : The Last Ride.....

Riley
10-02-2001, 09:44 PM
Well, I know it happens about the same time every year, but it's still a sad event: the last ride of the year in the Donzi. Yesterday afternoon I enjoyed a beautiful cruise thru the Les Cheneaux Islands, with temps in the high 60's, sunny skies, and the trees on all of the Islands ablaze with color. What a great way to make sure the fuel preservative was well circulated in the system. It was one of those Donzi days that keeps me smiling through the long winter!

Today, however, reality set in......change gear lube, fog engine, drain the cooling system, charge with anti-freeze, blahblahblah. Finished up with a wash and wax job, and tucked my baby in for a long winters nap. We've got snow forecast for Northern Michigan this weekend, so it was definitely time to put 'er away for the season.

Thanks to all of you guys who answered some of my questions this boating season, you were all a great help. I've made a lot of good friends on this site over the past couple of years, and even managed to meet a couple of you guys in person. For all of you Donzi folks down south I wish you a winter of enjoyable boating. As for the rest of us....well, maybe we can get a few of us here in the Mid-West together for some sort of Donzi mid winter break!

boldts
10-02-2001, 10:57 PM
Riley,

Here in Central Ohio, I'm not far behind you. I keep my Donzi in the garage of my bi-level home which helps keep her warm since the home is built with the bedrooms over the garage. I to have given thoughts to a Midwinter meeting in the Midwest. Had thoughts of getting with the MI Donzi owners to make a trip to Cobal Hall for the boat show or maybe West to Indy?

Ranman
10-03-2001, 08:17 AM
Is there a Donzi meet down south during our "Down" time? Maybe some of us Northerners coud get a Southerner to "Sponsor" some of us for some winter fun.

mattyboy
10-03-2001, 08:23 AM
my last ride comes this Sat. picking up all the stuff from west marine today, today's forecast low 80's but I'm stuck at work hope to get out a little early and take a ride.

Matt

Dr. Dan
10-03-2001, 08:47 AM
Chris, Maybe next year we could coordinate a rendevous, we had a great time this summer in Muskegon Bay and Grand Haven...I had a tight schedule and had to cut it short or we would have come north. I have camped at Burt Lake State Park before and found that to be a great area for family as well as boating and skiing! We'll have to see what next year brings?...Doc :D