PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Ad

Murphy
03-28-2000, 11:00 PM
OK, hear me out on this... I was in the printing industry (R.R. Donnelley & Sons) for a decade. Here's what we need to make posters...

When the ad was created, it was probably supplied to the printer as film seperations or converted to digital format and stored on disk. These are the only formats that will support enlargement to poster size with any quality.

Any printer with the capability to print posters can work with this kind of input. It wouldn't be cheap to get the preliminary work and printing done, so there would need to be a couple hundred (minimum) made to make it cost effective.

Mike, if you're listening... here's my suggestion. The hard work (layout & design) is done. Call the ad house and they can probably send it direct to a printer for you. You will benefit in the following ways...
1) sell them on this site. We'll buy em.
2) distribute a copy to every Donzi dealer for showroom display. This is great showroom advertising.
3) Make them available for dealers to sell at boat shows this summer.
4) sell them on the Donzi web page.
5) make this a limited edition print, the
first in an annual series. Make it
collectible and people will buy a new one
every year.

OK, there's the pitch... what do you say?

P.S. If anyone knows Mike at Donzi, please forward this to him in case he doesn't check Donzi Talk on a regular basis.

Thanks,

Murph

Gene
03-31-2000, 11:20 AM
Mike - Ya gotta do it man!! Everyone ...

Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike

MattM
04-03-2000, 12:26 PM
I agree, print this poster. It's so hard to find decent stuff to decorate my house with. I'd buy one every year.

harbormaster
04-03-2000, 02:24 PM
I am assuming that you guys did not mention the poster to Mike Miller.
I took the time to speak with Mike Miller about the poster. The poster was done by their ad company and Donzi does not have the rights to the original artwork to make multiple copies and sell. Murph PLEASE! I know you mean well, but Mike Miller or anyone else at Donzi does not need a lesson on how to do a poster. Mike Miller is a Vice President of Donzi for Cripes sake. They have the resources as a company to get this stuff done.

Scot V

Forrest
04-03-2000, 02:35 PM
Yea man! I need something on my walls besides props!

Murphy
04-04-2000, 06:28 PM
Pardon me Scot...

Murph

[This message has been edited by Murphy (edited 04-04-2000).]

harbormaster
04-04-2000, 07:06 PM
No problem Murph!

Scot

Murphy
04-04-2000, 11:20 PM
Here's to freedom of the internet!