PDA

View Full Version : Another BlackHawk on E-bay...

HP 600SC
11-06-2002, 05:41 PM
So whats up with all these BlackHawks for sale lately??? None of them have sold???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872033652

BigGrizzly
11-06-2002, 08:22 PM
People are try make a buck. Plus they are too hard to drive in the rough.

Indyblackhawk
11-06-2002, 09:01 PM
NO NO!

Just like the leisure suites of the seventies, mercruise blackhawks may have been found to be cancer causing. Just try to have one worked on, the mechanics hide behind the counter untill you leave.

I need approximately $600.00 more in tools to finish the repairs of my blown-out blackhawk.

Blackhawks are falling of the face of the earth. Before I bought my blackhawk limited, I considered converting a bravo I classic. At that time, blackhawks (new or low hour used) were running in the low three's $$$. The last and only one that I could locate, the surplus shop wants $7500. - more to follow -

Any help would be appreciated

Andy

jb
11-06-2002, 09:10 PM
I may have 2 low hour mint hawks...what are they worth to sell each?

blackhawk
11-07-2002, 07:04 PM
I can't see anybody buying or selling a boat on ebay. To me that is just crazy. I wouldn't buy anything that big there. Indyblackhawk, any good mercruiser shop should have all the tools. Why are you buying the tools? Are you doing the repairs yourself?

The blackhawks are tricky to drive in the slop, but in the rough with rythem they handle awesome. Once you learn how to drive them it's no big deal. Use the tabs and leave the trim alone! That's the tradeoff for having a fast boat. Take your time and learn the characteristics of the boat. 75+ in freshwater with a stock 502 is pretty good.

There's a guy that has put over $5k into his motor and is pushing over 550hp. He says it will run 80 but has yet to beat me. Pisses him off everytime I remind him it's stock! :)

HP 600SC
11-07-2002, 07:14 PM
Blackhawk, yea I think its kinda weird too!!
What really freaks me out are the Lamborghini's
and Ferrari's on there for $200-300K!!
Ted M.

Greg Maier
11-07-2002, 08:46 PM
Blackhawk,

Whay are boats faster in saltwater than freshwater? I know that you and I have talked about your top speed being in freshwater and mine being in saltwater. Here are my thoughts and contradictory opinions on this subject:

Opinion 1: A boat should be faster in freshwater than saltwater because saltwater is denser than freshwater, so a boat going through saltwater has to move a heavier liquid.

Opinion 2: A boat should be faster in saltwater than freshwater because a boat will float higher in saltwater than freshwater and will have less hull in the water. (again, due to the greater density of saltwater)

I'm sure the Donzi Net Naval Architect will set us straight on this matter.

CDMA
11-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Boat will be faster in salt. Salt is more dense therefore the boat gets more lift, rides higher and hence faster. I can actually feel the difference if I run my boat back to back in salt and fresh. Not feel the difference as in speed but how she rides.

Theoretically you are right that there is more denser water to be pushed out of the way as there is a stagnation point under the hull of a planning boat. However that added resistance is more then countered by the boat riding higher out of the water.

Another reason you fresh freaks need to run in the real water... wink

Chris

HP 600SC
11-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Option 2 is correct, plus the fact that salt water
is slippery'er....if that's a word.

Ranman
11-08-2002, 07:58 AM
more denser They teach English at Webb?

Just messin' with ya Chris. :D :D

CDMA
11-08-2002, 08:26 AM
I used to be able to write. :( I actually was a better English student in HS then math. 3 years of math will sure drive it out of you though...

Chris

Now If I were to go back and edit Randy would look really silly :D :D :D

blackhawk
11-08-2002, 09:54 AM
"more denser and slippery'er"

Exactly! :)

Indyblackhawk
11-09-2002, 01:44 PM
Blackhawk,

Yeah I'm doing the reapairs myself, just racked up a bill for the shop to do work on the engine I thought I would repair the outdrive.