PDA

View Full Version : Railing Parts

Rich
03-22-2000, 08:16 PM
Hey Guys..................
I have a quantity of railing parts and cowl vents as used on the 16 & 18 foot Classic Donzis from 1965 to the late 1980's. They are chrome plated solid brass. I know other models also used these same parts but I'm not sure which years or models. I have seen slight variations on the railing parts from year to year on the same models. It seems Donzi was regularly having cash flow problems so they switched vendors from time to time. This caused those slight variations.
So, I can't guarantee my parts will match your parts exactly. I'll be selling these to any Donzi Registry member for just over cost plus shipping. The rail centers will be $25.00 ea.+ shpg. The 18 2+3 used 2 of these and the 16 footers used 7 (I think...help me 16 foot guys).
The rail ends will be $50.00 ea.+ shpg.
The cowl vents (with screens) are $90.00 ea. + shpg.

------------------
Rich

harbormaster
03-22-2000, 10:00 PM
Rich....
Can you say "Parts for Sale" Forum?

Scot

digitalMan
03-23-2000, 10:28 AM
It might be the wrong forum, but as long as it's here -

Where did the parts come from? I mean are they nos? Does somebody still manufacture these parts? I know Perko and Taylor have used the same castings for certain parts forever.

Rob
03-23-2000, 05:06 PM
I don't believe the rail fittings are still in production. I checked with all the well known fitting manufacturers and nothing they had matched. I finally found a marine liquidator in Florida that had some that matched exactly. I initially ordered twice as many as I needed thinking someone else might need some, and I'm glad I did. Evidently they had been sitting loose in a box and banged into each other over the years. Some of them were pretty dinged up, but because I ordered extra I was able to make up a complete set that were in good shape.

I bought the ends from Forrest. I believe he found them at a marina that was going out of business.

Rich
03-24-2000, 07:18 PM
Oops..........See Parts For Sale

------------------
Rich

Rich
03-24-2000, 07:37 PM
......After researching former suppliers to Donzi from the early years, I found a manufacturer that still had blueprints to the railing ends & center, and the cowl vent.
They had none in stock but were willing to make them for me. I rolled the dice that I would eventually sell them so I had them made. While they are pretty expensive, the price for Donzi Registry members is dealer cost.......

------------------
Rich

Boatman
01-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Rich - if you're still in the business, I'd like to hear from you. 416.571.8791. Thanks, Brad.

Speed-Racer
01-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Check Suncorstainless.com They make many version's of railing ends.