PDA

View Full Version : LBI chowder fest.

Moody Blu'
09-25-2001, 02:20 PM
Anyone interested In going to this event by boat?
Lots of free chowder and a live band.
there is a dock(boat ramp) right by the event.I doubt there will be any boats launching, soo it should be cool to dock there. ;)

mattyboy
09-25-2001, 02:36 PM
would you stop rubbing it in :p
you and Abbe go have a good time, I wish I could go to the chowder fest, it's a blast was there about a 3 years ago, don't all the bars do something it's a hopping weekend
take some pics, I'll be winterizing the boat :( so you don't worry about me , I'll be fine, you just go have fun. if you go by boat where would you dock? Morrison's? gotta do alot of walking( note after some boat sodas more like weaving)to go the other places Buckalew's The hudson house (my favorite) Terrace tavern?
ah! LBI gotta love it! :D

Matt
In Maine it's called Chowda and it's white!
but it's still good :D

Moody Blu'
09-25-2001, 04:41 PM
Actually, there is a boat ramp right where the chowder fest takes place.
its by "the tide"-its a small bar/resturaunt across the street from schooners wharf.

I know all those places you talked about though.
I would like to mention "the ketch and the marlin"-I frequent these bars and I am always taken care of there. Never a cover for me and up to one (or two girls) of my friends.We rule those bars. Feels good too. any of you would be treated the same if you came with me regardless of age. In there its all about respect.(and helping out when a brawl or 2 or 3 or 4 start) ;)

"The ketch" is right across from morrisons and "the marlin" is across from buckalews
the marlin use to be "touche"

and the ketch use to be "Acme" back in the day when I was 16 and cause HAVOC along the whole island.
If you ever get a chance check out the marlin, the bar is the classiest on the whole island.
Very nice bar and seating arrangement. ;)

Frank c?

I'll probably only be going on sunday.
anyone else?

Shanghied Again
09-25-2001, 05:30 PM
Sunday that might be a maybe, I am picking up a bullet boat for my son on Saturday. Is there docking?

Moody Blu'
09-25-2001, 07:45 PM
Hey frank!
Sorry I couldnt make the fun run.

to your question is there docking.
there is nice docking right by the launch ramp.I am pretty sure the street to the launch ramp is closed. So we should have a spot to park our boats.
If by chance there are other boats docked, there is a whole bulkhead(100'+) to tie up to.

GeneD
09-25-2001, 08:51 PM
Frank, what is a 'bullet boat'?

Moody Blu'
09-25-2001, 09:59 PM
Frank what kind of engine came on that bullet boat? or what do you plan on putting on it?
at least 60hp(governed)

I rented one of those a long time ago, they are great.

BZmarine
09-25-2001, 10:25 PM
hay sky i may be intersted... where is it??? bring boat back from buffalo this weekend back to va it may be on my way. i have not done anything with other donzi owners and i would like to do something before it snows. i cant do fl to far for me to go. even though i would love to go. took boat back to where i came from cause the lakes here are small and to calm for me. i love it rough. and love getting some air. cant do that here in va. let me know where and when u realy are going to be there i would like to go. sounds awesome. either post here or email me at bzmarine@aol.com.............

Shanghied Again
09-26-2001, 05:36 PM
Gene it sort of looks like a mini Cigarette, If painted the right way can look like a Donzi, Frankie has been bugging me. We have been looking for a 16 but to fast for him yet. So Its a 13ft Bullet with a ZX steering wheel and ZX seats and a Donzi paint job. Then I told him get a job next year and start saving for a real Donzi. Broque it only has a 25hp Merc and thats fine for now. 35mph is fast enough. Then when he gets old enough pass it down to his brother and get a bigger boat.

Moody Blu'
09-26-2001, 06:48 PM
What a life your kids have frank ;)
I was 15 when I got my classic ;)
Are you coming frank?

Shanghied Again
09-26-2001, 08:30 PM
Depend on weather? If its nice I will come down

Shanghied Again
09-30-2001, 08:27 AM
I don't think I am coming down. Lets see N/Easter winds blowing at 35mph and a bay chop with 4ft waves No sun lots of clouds and a spritz once in awhile, Needless to say its "COLD" out. Boy I hate NJ just when it gets warm were back to jackets again.

Moody Blu'
09-30-2001, 12:50 PM
I never made it ether frank :(
I heard the storms last night in bed.
I talked to Bz marine too, I am pretty sure he canceled too.
Hopefully Bzmarine will be meeting up with me next weekend to try props.

Then I have to try to save up money for a trailer for the classic.
frank f you know of anyone who has a bunk trailer that would fit my boat and is selling it let me know, I should have the money in 2-4 weeks!

Shanghied Again
09-30-2001, 05:50 PM
I will keep my eyes open