View Full Version : Need Trailer for 22

Barry Phillips
01-23-2002, 08:10 AM
I guess this question goes out to Rick Ryan and
Scott Elgas. I am looking for a trailer for a 22
the dealer wants to put a FastLoad under it but I
do not like upright bunks. Rick I need a number
on Rolla do they have an e-mail address, but Scott
you rig is so dam pretty who is the manufacture?
Do you have number on them.
I have a Performace Trailer under my 18 and this
local for me Lake George builder has a lot of
experience with Classic Donzis he also works
with a lot of dealers in the Lake George, but he
dose not want to work with me, at leased directly
and my dealer is on Long Island. Do any of you
LI guys know of any builders in the long Island
area. I wil also try working with Islander Boat
Sails.
Thanks
Barry Phillips

RickSE
01-23-2002, 09:11 AM
Let me know if you want a Myco or Loadmaster, probably don't want a Loadmaster under a 22 though. Myco will build in aluminum or steel. Both come out of Florida.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/rstrones08.jpg

RickR
01-23-2002, 09:50 AM
Barry
Rolls 1-888-ROLLS-52 (Dan Gallager)
I used a 24/60 for the 22 Classic (454/Bravo).
http://www.donzi.net/photos/rryan13donzitruck.jpg
I'll email the dimensions to you.

Rick
01-23-2002, 09:58 AM
So what kind of money do you get into these trailers for?

RickSE
01-23-2002, 10:25 AM
The Myco in the above picture is for a 33ZX, dealer cost was $10K. Myco's for a 22' usually run $4-$5K, steel or aluminum. Myco trailers are beautiful, both their steel and aluminum trailers are fully welded and offer excellent support for boats that live on a trailer. Here's a steel Myco with Imron paint.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/rstrones13.jpg

Woodsy
01-23-2002, 10:29 AM
I bought the trailer for my 22 Classic from Performance Trailer up in Lake George. He wasn't really happy dealing with me personally, but it was he didn't have anybody close to Winni who retailed his trailers. It was cash deal, and he was pretty happy about that. There was a minor glitch as the weiring for the lights was molded backwards from the factory causing a ground fault. It was an easy fix, once I figured out what the problem was. Cost me $250 at the mechanic to figure it out. I have compared it side by side to an Eagle and I think the Performance Trailer was better constructed. I am really happy with my purchase.

Woodsy biggrin.gif

Woodsy
01-23-2002, 11:17 AM
Guys,

I need to clarify my above post. It has been brought to my attention that I may have inadvertantly implied Performance Trailer was skimming. I will go on the site and clarify. I did not mean to imply he was not doing business properly. I definitely got a receipt for my trailer. The owner of Performance Trailer, Bill doesn't take credit cards, and he usually only sells thru a dealer. So I assume he gets paid once a month by the dealerships. Because I had no outlets near me to buy a trailer from him, he made an exception and sold to me direct, providing I pay cash because he didn't deal with credit cards. I think he was just happy not to wait 30-90 days to get paid. Sorry if it came across misconstrued. I have nothing but respect for Bill, and he builds one of the best trailers out there for the money. I will defintely buy my next trailer from him as well.

Sorry for the misconception!

Woodsy biggrin.gif

Tom Davis
01-23-2002, 11:34 AM
I have the Eagle trailer that Woodsy was comparing to his. I also have a new 22/496HO, and got the trailer with the boat from the dealer. The trailer cost me a little under 5K. I agree with woodsy, his trailer is better constructed especially the fenders. His are metal and you can stand on them no problem, mine are fiberglass and not as structural. But the Eagle is a great trailer and no hassle to get. See there web site for a local dealer.

Donzi Tom

Barry Phillips
01-23-2002, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the Info I have a Performance under my
18 and live 45mins from Performance Trailers.
I don't know why he is such an hard ass about
selling to the general public since I have a Performance unit already. I can pay cash. He
supplies many of the dealers in the Lake George
area, I see Performance Tailers everywhere.
Funny thing is the dealers order low end units
and mark them up. Not very custom. As much as I
like the construction of my trailer and ease of
use the winch really sucks and I rubber snuber
marks up the boat. On the plus side the 4 2 by 6
bunks center and load the boat like a breeze,
and everything is welded, strong unit.
Rick thanks for the phone number I will give them
a call. Nice looking package are your bunks on
the flat.
Thanks Guys
SO-SLO

Looped
01-23-2002, 12:42 PM
Barry,
Don't forget to checkout this company, prices aren't bad either but I don't have them with me.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/cringer0012.gif

Craig

RickR
01-23-2002, 03:02 PM
Rick
Last year I paid
24/60 (Custom) $2200
Rolls custom disk brakes $520
Spare Bracket $30
$2750 total (No tax for out of state)
From T.A. Mahoney's in St Pete 1-813-241-6500 (Tom) Tom discounted $320 for no tires and wheels (I installed my own) and $80 for the guide ons. That brought the total down to $2350

To get specs http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001948 Sorry but the pics are gone from post.

Barry
Here is a pic of my 18s Rolls that shows bunk placement. I bought brackets for the extra bunks but never installed them. Loading could not be easier. Barry send your email address to me for more pics.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/rryan18rolls18.jpg

Looped
01-23-2002, 03:13 PM
RickR,
Now that is a great price. What did you pay for the one for the 18' years back was it something around $2,200?

Craig

RickR
01-23-2002, 03:18 PM
Looped
That was a long time ago! (1996?)
Seems like it was right at $2000 wo/wheels and guide ons and w/Dico drum brakes. It is a 21/60T. Belongs to Reddog now frown.gif

Barry Phillips
01-23-2002, 04:44 PM
Thanks again to Rick R and the gang I'm printing
out the pics now.
SO-SLO

ToonaFish
01-23-2002, 06:45 PM
Blonde question... many of y'all seem to have custom wheels on your trailers and they look fantastic. BUT, how do you resolve vibration issues? Is it different with trailers than vehicles? Also, what makes of wheels and tires would you recommend?

Bunches,
Celene 'returning to brunette roots now'

RickR
01-23-2002, 07:10 PM
Toonafish
Trailer wheels and tires are balanced. Better wheels and tires balance better.

I like an aluminum wheel with smooth lines for easier cleaning and a quality, radial, trailer tire with the correct weight rating. I used Eagle wheels on the 22's trailer.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/rryan19wheels.jpg

BTW The dogs played a great game against UT this year! No excuses, the best team one.

ToonaFish
01-23-2002, 08:53 PM
Thanks Rick, it's just like cars and trucks then... I've had conniption fits in the past getting conversion vehicle wheels to balance... but mostly you get what you pay for. Your wheels really give the Donzi and trailer a total, finished package look... and most boats live on their trailer and deserve to look as good off the water as they do on!

The last quarter of this years game was the best birthday present I've ever gotten. Don't know who was closer to cardiac arrest, Fulmer or me. That's what makes great ball... good teams pushing the limits. Just wish my Dawgs had not let down for the rest of the season. That's where Tennessee excels... they pace themselves and just keep rolling... we lose our momentum usually around the Florida game and Saturdays become boring.

How crazy is it to boat to the game? I know folks who tried to do it a few years back, but they lost their drive midway on the Tennessee and it ended up a horror tale. I've always thought it sounded like a fun trip to try, if the weather held.

Bunches,
Celene 'just where is Rockytop?'

Looped
01-23-2002, 08:57 PM
RickR,
Good point about the radial trailer tires. A lot of people I have talked to don't even know that trailers have special tires that have less squirminess to them (stiffer sidewalls I believe) to cut back on the wiggle-waggle that you can get among other characteristics that they only have.

Drive Fast, Take Chances
Craig

RickR
01-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Toonafish
Vol Navy is the ONLY way to go to a game.
Free parking, BIG party and a5 minute walk to your seat biggrin.gif

DonziSalesNY
01-25-2002, 08:17 AM
Barry,

Fastload may build what you are looking for. You can give them a call at 813-759-1889. Also, the trailer manufacturer located on Long Island is Load Rite. Don't have the number this second but if you give me a call I can get it for you.

John Farrar

Barry Phillips
01-25-2002, 03:46 PM
Thanks again John for your efforts, the new 22 is
going to be sitting pretty on it's matching blue
Performace Trailer. I'm sure Fast Load makes a
great product. But Bill at Performace knows Donzi's and I have gotten compliments on my current rig. Also thanks again to Rick and the great guys
on this site. I know most of your boats and they
are all great. That baby blue Xboat is sweet.
Sincerely
SO-SLO
P.S. Somebody e-mail John Farra about my 18. This
is a clean boat and will run 65mph no sweat. I hate
giving her up. We can talk price.