PDA

View Full Version : Pull the dot?

Brad Lyon
09-24-2001, 10:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what "PULL THE DOT" means on the snaps on my cover? So far I have ripped out three of the snaps and in turn ripped the cover. They are a real BI_CH to get off. The snaps on the back near the engine cover are not labeled this way and they release without any problem. My second question is now where can I get a new cover to replace the one that is all ripped up?

Brad

BigGrizzly
09-24-2001, 10:43 PM
This is a special snap with a finger opposit the dot. It is used on travel tonau covers. If you try to pull the cover from any other position you will rip the cover. I have been truing to find the seller of them for my travel cover. I don't want 100 just 4. your not the first to have this problem. Just lift at the dot then ollk at the snap, and you will see it.

Randy

Brad Lyon
09-24-2001, 10:53 PM
Randy,

If there is a dot on these snaps I will need a microscope to find them. I have looked over every one of these snaps and I can not find a hint of a dot. I have turned the cover over and looked on the bottom and I do see the little clip I guess you could call it, but there is no dot's on the top of the snaps.

Thanks for your input. Do you know where I can get a new cover? Can you get parts from Donzi? There are no dealers left in my area that I can find.

Brad

RickR
09-25-2001, 09:06 AM
Brad
The script DOT is the side you pull. Look on the bottom part and make sure they aligned the DOT opposite the shoulder.

Big Grizz
I'll check when I get home next week on some Lift the Dot snaps. I just replaced the ones on my Tonneau. I think it was around $30 for $25.
You should be able to get them at your local upholster.

BigGrizzly
09-25-2001, 11:34 AM
Thanks Rick I do my own snap thing I just need a couple to keep the ears of mu cover fron comming undone when tralering at maximum velosity.

Randy

komikazee
09-28-2001, 06:03 PM
Brad,
When I went to the boat show last spring at Cobo hall, I found there is a couple Donzi dealers. You'll have to do alittle driving though. One is on 23 mile going towards Algonac from 94. Another is over by Brooklyn,
I don't have the names with me but I'll see if I can't come up with them by next weekend.

Tracy

Sagbay32
09-28-2001, 07:25 PM
Sun and Ski Marina is supposed to resume their dealership. The are in Waterford on Cass/Elizabeth Rd. The Marina across the road (to the west) from Sun and Ski on Elizabeth lake? is still a Dealer but he is thinking of dropping because he has problems with Factory service (or so he says).