PDA

View Full Version : Normally aspirated Rat? Blown Mouse?

AVickers
03-20-2000, 06:05 PM
I've got one. I've been looking at 22 Classics for a while and have not bothered to look at this boat with the Small Block option. Until this weekend, that is...

I looked at one with a Blown Small Block Chevy in front of an Alpha. Owner says it has 5lbs of boost and produces about 385 HP. This is believable... And it weighs about 250lbs less than a Big Block w/ a Bravo producing something on the order of 330HP. This guy says he can run parallel with a local Blackhawk -- which is admittedly a very fast boat...

Any opinions out there about the pros and cons of either setup?

I really liked the boat under this Mouse, but I've also got a really good boat under a Rat located -- both for about the same money.

I'm drawn to the blown motor 'cause I like that sort of thing, but a normally asprated Magnum would last forever...

GEOO
03-20-2000, 06:32 PM
I've ran next to a few fast Classic 22's with Bravo's. The 22 with a stock 502 (415 prop hp) run's an honest 70+. Friends have 570 (dyno'd flywheel)hp, They are lucky if they can pass me, I run 72-78mph. What I'm getting at is the 22 needs alot of hp. I don't think a Small Mouse and or an Alpha is up for it. I think a 22 classic must have a Bravo & a Rat if speed is your passion. An Alpha will have to be pampered and a Stout Mouse would be more costly then a mild Rat. GEOO (PS I have a Mouse)