PDA

View Full Version : Mildly irritated

harbormaster
09-24-2001, 03:27 PM
OK Everyone,

I have someone (who shall remain anonymous) trying to get his photo added to his registry page. He sent at least 6 emails in a 3 week period. I responded to a stern letter from this individual. Today I recieved the following email back...

You might consider posting a message to the site that it takes a while for images to be posted. How are "WE" supposed to know you have family problems etc. It should not take 5 or 6 requests to get a response from you that is negative in manner. Communication is key! It would solve many issues. I even offered a solution that you didn't even respond to.

I get a lot of emails everyday from all over the world. This person wants 1 picture put in his registry page. This is a free service. He should chill out.
I will get to it when I can get to it. When I did respond that he needed to wait patiently for me to put his picture in his registry page, I was accused of responding negatively.
This site is growing in leaps in bounds. If you cannot wait for me to provide a free service to you, then I am sorry.
From now on all photos sent to me to be inserted into a registry page will take a minimum of at least 30 days.

Now I have communicated. If photos appear sooner then great.
I apologize to those of you out there who had to edure my ramblings. I really should have not posted this but now I feel so much better. :cool:

TRU-JACK
09-24-2001, 03:32 PM
I appreciate all of your efforts much more than I say. You are doing a great job and a great service!!! Thanks a lot, from a Canadian who appreciates the service and has learned a lot, and hopes to learn a lot more. ;)

PaulO
09-24-2001, 04:35 PM
Scot,
Please understand that any of the registry members I associate with have nothing but praise and understanding for you as you dilligently support us maniacs for free! The job you do here is monumental and we love you for it!! Don't let a selfish boob ruin it for us.
PaulO

Sagbay32
09-24-2001, 05:52 PM
I can't believe that you would actually make that poor unfortunate chap wait to get his picture posted. That's blatant discrimination and I think that you should be required to post pictures as soon as you receive them, regardless of your (so called) busy schedule.
What kind of a site is this anyway?

:D

RedDog
09-24-2001, 06:14 PM
Ahhhh - Harbormaster, I see you have the ultimate supreme power and revenge though. Only those of us with the secret password can access the NEW Donzi Girls forum! Much better than the old fishing boat forum....

Right? I mean it has to be... Right?

Shanghied Again
09-24-2001, 06:38 PM
Scot. Don't get yourself worked up? You have always done the best with the registry, You have made the registry well worth coming back and visit day after day. Everyone that knows you appriciates every thing you do! I would not let one person upset you, If they continue maybe there not woth having on the site. You are the best Harbormaster anywhere! And there is a lot of us that would stand behind you.

CDMA
09-24-2001, 06:48 PM
The only mistake in your whole post was " I know I shouldn't have posted thins..." It is your board you can post what you please when you want. We all air our opionuions so should you.

And there are many thing that go one here that you rarely realize. I went to my page the other day and saw all those pictures I posted on my registry page. What a great suprise. Thank you

Chris

HP 600SC
09-24-2001, 06:50 PM
Illigtimi non carberundum
Anyone speak latin? http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mad25.gif

Rootsy
09-24-2001, 06:57 PM
Scot,

you do a FINE job with this site! there are hundreds of folk here who think the same as me i would venture to say. keep up the great work! this is about the only site i surf to anymore....

ps... how do we get a password for the new forum???? i could guess til i'm blue in the face errrr fingers.... and i havn't been a minor for about 10 years....

GEOO
09-24-2001, 07:35 PM
:rolleyes: YOU DA MAN GEOO

Crazy Horse
09-24-2001, 07:36 PM
If I were the Harbormaster the person hassling you about his photo would have had his entire page mysteriously deleted...
Guess that's why I'll never rise up above being anything but a Bar-bormaster.
Keep up the good work Scot.

abelchinewalker
09-24-2001, 07:55 PM
Scot,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a true master of your field. I know while I was at Donzi Marine and now that I'm at the Donzi Dealership, I greatly appreciate this site.

Donnie Abel

Dr. Dan
09-24-2001, 07:57 PM
Scott, You Are The Man, I agree with Frank, I don't think anyone who has peanuts for balls or brains deserves to be priviledged to even be allowed on "The Donzi Board", my vote is to evacuate the dude from access(permanently), just my opinion, sorry, it's only personal! You know you have the support and blessings of all of us, save "the nit wit",and I don't speak Italian, but, I'm sure DonziTester is right on the mark. Donzi's and the people on this board normally are associated with class, or "Panache", just because someone happens to own a Donzi, however, does not mean they have class, as evidenced by what you have conveyed! You make the Call! ...Doc :cool:

Gearhead99
09-24-2001, 08:00 PM
Scott,

You do a great job. Ignore the idiot. There are way too many good board member out here that appreciate you.

Keep up the good work.

Moody Blu'
09-24-2001, 08:11 PM
F$@# him scot, don't even sweat it!

smokediver
09-24-2001, 08:12 PM
I think you should post the persons' name. that's the kind of guy that would leave someone stranded on the water. There are too many good apples in this basket to have a rotten one spoil it . you take care of your family and may god bless them.this board will take care of itself

oldLenny
09-24-2001, 08:23 PM
...after my waiting 2+ years for the right boat to come along, and still waiting, and still now with only a "pie-in-the-sky" project in hand, I certainly wouldn't mind waiting 30 weeks as 'Poodle says, let alone 30 days, for my pic to show up!

It would only seem fair after all the trouble I have put everyone through and the "never ending" questions.

Harbourmaster, don't let it get to you. This place is great and your attention to it and constant upgrades are held high in my book. Not to mention all the "trinkets" you come up with!!! :eek:

mattyboy
09-24-2001, 08:43 PM
Scot,
you are truly a good man, mildly irratated!
I'd be :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: off,
you keep your chin up!
remember every dog has it day!!

Matt
thank you for this site Scot!

BigGrizzly
09-24-2001, 11:03 PM
Scott you should feel sorry for people who's only future lies in seeing their boat picture posted in the registry with the stellar likes of boats like mine, Ralph, CDMA, Frank's, Geeo, GeneD, Tom's, PaulO, Forrest, Ted's etc. I would go on but I don't have that many years left in my lifetime.
Scott your doing a great job, especially since this in not your real job.

Randy

Blewbyu
09-24-2001, 11:27 PM
Scot-You're the BIGGEST GORILLA IN THE WHOLE VALLEY!If the guys stuff deletes,it just deletes..........
Dang nab computers anyway. ;)
If I wuz you, I'd have my panties bunched about now.

Christian
09-24-2001, 11:28 PM
scot,
i am proud to say that i have been observing this board, even before gene owned a donzi! I was a jr in high school. that said, true donzi owners are patient. Know your doing a fine job!! Now a Sr in college, i believe that this board, and donzi boats, are like fine wine, they both become better with age.
Stay well, and and my thoughts are with you and your family.
Christian Del Collo

olredalert
09-24-2001, 11:37 PM
The board has spoken!Your unending DONZI enthusiasm carries over to us all.Dont let the idiots get you down.Way too many good people on here!Thanks,Harbormaster.We all owe ya..........just......ol red!

Formula Jr
09-25-2001, 12:30 AM
Scot, before even getting to the point of being mildly irritated, can I suggest some observations that were hard learned during the 8-16 bit, 300-1200 baud, local BBS era. I've had my share of flame wars during this period and had to develop a powerful sense of what to ignor. Typing back and forth on a BBS or e-mail is unlike any other form of communication. Its a relatively new form and it has the fundimental flaw of removing any sense of real time communication in an isolated setting with out the immediate feedback of all the tiny clues we normally use in phone or face to face communication. Over the years I have found that the starkness of type, needs a pinch of humility and humor to balance out the overall feel of any electronic message. Emoticons have helped but are no real sustitute. Most internet users don't know this is part of the art of good communication using this method. Your e-mailer obviously hasn't gotten this yet, and did'nt care enough about the Classic Donzi Registry to read all the posts and get up to speed with the current state of the participants- in this case the undersight of keeping up with the current state of the WebMaster. I'm not defending him or her, I'm just saying thats what all sysops run up against from time to time. If it isn't fun, ping those who are not fun. Then its fun again. I for one, am enriched by this site and its dynamic nature due to your hard work. It has filled a need to share the interesting events of my life and meet people of substance. I am always amazed by people like you that have put so much time into such a self-less cause. In the late 80's sysops were shelling out 500 bucks a month, picking up the next hub with the packets, long distance, only to get yelled at by 13 year old kids with bad language. To continue on with a freebee BBS under that kind of abuse showed me the real depth only certain people possess. Ignor this little thorn and lets see if we can set up that Lotto thingy Len was talking about so we can somehow provide you with a reward (Maybe a Clean Z-Boat or something ) you truely deserve.

PaulO
09-25-2001, 08:59 AM
Excellent! Everyone who is anyone stands behind the HarborMeister!! Now, on another note; Len, you have issues! 2 years to find a boat? I could have found one in Afghanistan quicker ( not exactly a hot-bed of Donzi activity). The time and money you have invested in the search surely outweighs any cost savings you may find when you finally find that "right" deal!!! Buy a damn boat already!

Just kidding, of course.

PaulO

oldLenny
09-25-2001, 10:31 AM
Paulo, after my last fiasco way down South, I decided to start my "project" boat and shelve the search for awhile. If it doesn't work out, handling issues etc,... I can put the 350 Mag MPI into whatever I buy in the future. So the long and the short of it is I am not LOOKING for now. That makes it easier on EVERYONE!!!

And as Formula Jr. said, let's try and get back to the "Lottery" idea, as I recall, Rick was going to see what he could get a boat for and Harbourmaster was going to look into tax laws with him (Ricks' mom) as well. We all kind of lost interest, (understandibly) when the "walls came tumbling down". :(

Time for a "kick start"!

J&K SHAHBAS
09-25-2001, 11:57 AM
Scot, I think you are doing a great job.
I think everyone else should just chill out, you all are acting like a bunch of cackling ole hens. Give Scot a break or send him SOME BUCKS!
Gosh you guys! You all act so childish sometimes.
K

GeneD
09-25-2001, 09:44 PM
Gee Chris, I don't know how to react to that little blurb!
Like what? I'm the old man in the group?
I just love to type!!!!!!

Christian
09-26-2001, 06:58 AM
NA, we all know frank is the older kid on this board. i thought i saw the handicapped tag on his 22. I mean really does age matter? FC i make a joke, you know i have respect for your speed!
hows 007 running?

Christian ;)

GeneD
09-26-2001, 08:08 AM
Chris,
You need to get out more often!
007 is NOT running, I am currently building a new engine for it.
Lack of money and parts is holding me back. I am hoping to be completed for the Donzi Rally. But it will be a small miracle if I get it together in time.
I am hoping to get help from the Harbormaster.

BigGrizzly
09-26-2001, 11:21 AM
Stop typing and get to work. we want to see you there

Randy

BigGrizzly
09-26-2001, 11:23 AM
Stop typing and get to work. we want to see you there

Randy

Kenn
09-26-2001, 09:22 PM
HarborMaster:
Your the best.
Forget the rude dude.
Kenn :)

GeneD
09-27-2001, 05:15 AM
BG, as of last night, a short block exists!
Looks kinda cool. First time using the Hyper-bullsh*t pistons.
They are a pain in the butt. File the top ring a special gap to avoid butting due to the high heat. Reduce timing...blah blah blah. Hope they're worth the trouble. Forrest, got any comments?
And laying the crank and installing the pistons is probably the most labor intensive part of building a motor. Time consuming and tedious. But it's done now, and now the fun starts!
It's coming. Like I said, I need some help from the Harbormaster, Hey Scott, do you answer email?!?!?!?!?!?!?

harbormaster
09-27-2001, 09:28 AM
Why yes Gene I do.... you have email waiting for you...