PDA

View Full Version : 1973 24' Donzi Doral

boxy
03-20-2000, 03:26 PM
There's a wholesale yard near here that has a '73 Doral, with twin 350's and Volvo outdrives. The hull is supposed to be sound, but the interior needs lots of work. On a trailer what would it be worth, ballpark of course due to lack of significant info, the wholesaler thinks $5000.00 Canadian will buy it. Also where would I find a picture of one.
Thanks

------------------
boxy :D

Danny
03-21-2000, 09:34 AM
Boxy
Is this the boat that is at the Repo Depot in Toronto? I went and looked at it around Christmas. He didn't have a price then but said $5000 Can. might buy it, there was an ad in the Boatrader for Repodepot last month and they had a price of almost $10000 on it. You're right the hull is in good condition and the interior is in rough shape.
The engine hatchs are gone and the guy didn't seem overly optimistic about locating them. The oil in one engine was milky in colour so we'll assumed that it's pooched. There were no batteries so it was inpossible to turn it over. Both drives were there, no props and dinged up a bit with some parts missing. Didn't appear to be any tops with it. There wasn't a trailer when I looked at it.
There are pictures in the gallery of this model and there were several in the old registry.
Danny

boxy
03-21-2000, 09:41 AM
Danny, that's the one. I talked to Troy at the RepoDepot yesterday, they have a price on it of $8300.00, but he said $5000.00 would move it. He didn't mention the motor trouble, but did hint that it would take about $10,000.00 in resto costs to set it up right.

------------------
boxy
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

Danny
03-21-2000, 10:01 AM
Boxy
If you see any Donzis for sale in Ontario please let me know. I am looking for a project, prefer an old GT or Hornet but interested in looking at any Donzi.
You would put an easy $10000 into engines and drives in that Doral. When I spoke with Troy he though it was something more unique than Doral, what I don't know, but it is a Doral. He seemed to think it would be in big demand on the Muskokas. The boat came from somewhere near Windsor.
Danny