PDA

View Full Version : criterions

Edward Donnelly
03-19-2000, 12:32 AM
I have a 1985 criterion s.s. which was custom built for john and sally chisholm. Does anyone know how many criterion, criterion 11, and criterion s.s. were built????

FASTEDDIE
03-19-2000, 06:29 AM
I heard from a good source that John Chisolm
will be at the Orando gathering at the end of the month.Come on down Ed and ask the guy in person.Of course bring pictures.

------------------

Scott Pearson
03-19-2000, 07:01 AM
Ed,
There where 12 Criterion II's made.I owned one back in the earley 90's. They where built for a Iroc type race. They where all built the same and it was up to the drivers and throttle man and how good they where to win the race.The Criterion II was only a two seater. It had the same gauges on both sides so both driver and throttle man could keep an eye on things. They where built with a BB 454 with Gail Banks twin turbo's. Borg Warner trans and TRS drives. Mine still had all of the orig. stuff on the boat.Very Fast! 92-96 MPH. I would like to buy that boat back if I found it again.Now Im depressed.....Need to get a drink! Hope this helps!

(NJ) Scott

Edward Donnelly
03-19-2000, 06:27 PM
Thank you for the speedy reply. My criterion came with a B.B. 454 365H.P. ironically, I installed a big block ale Banks twin turbo out of my 23' Seawolf. The boat proved to be unstable a high speeds. I installed twin ram external steering, K planes,and a nose cone. Last year I pulled the engine and installed a 540 Chevy with a 1,000 c.f.m. tunnel ram fuel injection. I just completed installing a electromotive computer system in it. The lakes are still frozen up here in Canada, so I still have a few months to wait. Barry Gibbs of the Bee Gee Fame, sold a black criterion 2, black for $10,000 He had it sent to Donzi for a complete over haul and new gell coat. I'm sure he spent over $10,000 re doing it.He has a reputation to maintain. I missed out on this boat by 2 hrs. Last I heard it was still down in Miami ED

Edward Donnelly
03-19-2000, 06:36 PM
Thank you for the speedy reply.. I will not be able to attend,as I am recovering from a heart attack. If you are going and happen to meet John, do you think you could ask him how many of each model were built? I see you are interested in the same things as me. I have a 1972 Detomaso Panters group 4 that I bought new in 72 It has a twin cam 351 Cleveland 450 h.p., with a M.M.250h.p. NO kit. They just delivered my 2000 FXST Tuesday. If my heart and the weather is willing, I should be riding in a couple of months. Take care.

Spitfire Dave
03-21-2000, 09:01 AM
There was a Criterion for sale in Fenton Mi last year. I talked to the owner about 5 years ago on Lake Fenton(also had a 16' and 18' classics). The boat has a new 502 bb chevy and trs drive. I don't know if this is a old race boat or not. I know where the guy lives, so I think it is time for some investigation. I will post a message on the results.
Spitfire Dave

Forrest
03-21-2000, 02:22 PM
Ed, man, take of the old ticker! We definately want to see you next year in Orlando!

------------------
Forrest

Carl C
05-07-2011, 06:29 AM
You gotta love the Critters, Ed. Isn't that the plate from it on your avatar?