PDA

View Full Version : Hornet III

Terry Brannigan
01-21-2002, 01:46 PM
Guys,

I've been looking for a Hornet III. I think they stopped making them around 88'? I had one in my sights about 3 years ago but never got it together enough to go colect the boat. Why are they so hard to find? I know they're popular as "on-board" tenders but they seem to be virtually unavailable for sale? Anyone have any G2? The water conditions around here make them an ideal boat.

Thanks!

Terry

mattyboy
01-21-2002, 04:47 PM
good luck they are few and far between, see one don't let it out of your sight! quite a rare.
check out the model list put together by Formula JR it will give you the low down on all the models
I think a 22 classic would make a good tender not alot of space for passengers or cargo, so you would have to make a couple of fast trips real fast!

Matt

Terry Brannigan
01-22-2002, 03:51 PM
Thanks Mattyboy,

I think I sent the wrong message...I'm not looking for a tender. I wish I needed one! I'm looking for an every day driver! I actually have a 22 classic and a ZX 22. How do I access the list you mentioned?

Terry

mattyboy
01-22-2002, 03:56 PM
acroos the top of the page " model list or try this http://www.donzi.net/dlist/index.htm

Matt

oldLenny
01-22-2002, 09:34 PM
there is this mystery boat in FLA. A guess would be a 21' Hornet... confused.gif ...not 23'

http://www.bentboat.com/files/inventory/1870/pics.html

Formula Jr
01-22-2002, 09:56 PM
Most definitly a 21', first model year Hornet III.

MXRoadster
01-23-2002, 02:06 AM
I second what Owen just said. That boat looks identical to mine other than mine being a brown/cream color.

Tomahawk
01-23-2002, 06:14 AM
WOW - Terry, or somebody, you need to snap that boat up! That would seem to be an ideal restoration project. When complete, you would have a rare and beautiful Donzi boat to be treasured. This boat needs a good home with an owner that appreciates what he/she has. What outdrive is that?

Terry Brannigan
01-23-2002, 07:35 AM
Guys,

Does anyone understand how the BentBoat site works? I tried to follow the instructions but could not seem to get into the Donzi auction?

Terry

Formula Jr
01-23-2002, 08:00 AM
I don't think the auction will start till the 26th.
Then there will be a bidding period - usually on eBay.

Terry Brannigan
01-24-2002, 10:08 AM
Madpoodle,

Sure I'd love to talk to the owner. I wasn't really looking for a project but candidly haven't had much luck location a perfect speciman! Have youo seen the boat? How rough is it? I can see the cosmetic blems but how about power?

Anyother leads welcome!

Terry