PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Advice

unknown user
09-17-2001, 10:57 PM
'lo all,
Well, after much deliberation (and arguements with the wife!), I've decided on a 22' Classic. It didn't take too much finagling to avoid the cuddy cabin idea, I just showed her some older boats and she got one whiff and said "Hell, no!". She wasn't too enthused though about the lack of storage space and tight quarters (I showed her a 22' locally) but she'll get over it. JP BRESCIA gave some good advice last time I posted, "Ask yourself, when you dreamed of owning a DONZI, what did it look like?" Well that would be a sweet 16, however, I want a little more boat under me and would like the BB power. So, I'm taking a look at a 22' Classic later this week. Any sage buying advice for the uninitiated? I just put a class III hitch on the Exploder, I shouldn't have any issues towing it with this (V8 model), should I? Thanks in advance!!!!

Ryan

Classic Razorback
09-18-2001, 12:46 AM
I LOVE MINE !!!!
You have room for boat sodas in the center compartment and under the back seat and maby a ski(but when your haulin ass who cares about skiing)
I have never seen any boat that I said "I would rather have than my 22 "
I don't know how your wife feels, but my friends always asked "why did'nt you get a ski boat? "
I said "I don't like sking I like Speeding so I got a DONZI!!!
If your wife gets in to that She will love it!
Best Wishes
Get Your DONZI!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Chris

Formula Jr
09-18-2001, 01:43 AM
Its been my observation that most women don't "get" the donzi thing - ducking and hiding- so I would consider two boats. One, the hell runner Donzi you want, and two, a white bread cuddy with a potta potty. Then you can play Jeckel and Hide and everybody wins. Plus you can steal parts off the cuddy if you plan it right. Seriously, check out the All Donzi List (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002690) and look at some of the Z-boats, but to fit a boat into a marrage that wants nice curtains, is Very, Very expensive.

Dr. Dan
09-18-2001, 06:23 AM
Ryan, I think your wife will grow to love a 22 Classic, I know my wife has, now she's as anal as I am about the whole Donzi thing! A couple of suggestions on your tow vehicle: 1.)Make sure your vehicles brakes are always fresh! 2.)Also one item I have installed on both of my tow vehicles to balance the load and stop the squatting that is common with towing, are "Air Lift - Suspension Bags", similar to air shock concept,except shocks are not designed to carry a load, these kits are installed to assist the load like your springs,some insert within coils, others have brackets that attach on the frame near the leafs. Either type are filled with air pressure to adjust up to 1000lbs extra load capacity. We have a 97 4 Runner with Gas KYB shocks and these Air Lift Air Bags, and I gotta tell ya, out side of the occassional lack of shear hp on a steep hill the handling and ride are phenomenal! It pulls our 22 better than my F150 (handling wise,not HP wise). Shocks and Air Lift kits can be had at any quality 4 x 4 Suspension Center, and they're not that difficult to install on your own if you're mechanically inclined. Good Luck, let us know how you make out!...Doc ;)