PDA

View Full Version : Don A. movie...

Tony
03-16-2000, 09:43 PM
On the "Welcome" thread someone asks is anyone offered their Donzi to the new film about Don Aronow. Well, I did, and got quick and thorough replies from Jerry Nordskog, Publisher of Powerboat Magazine, and Craig Cleaver, Promotions Manager.

After sending in some pics and a bio, they promised to forward the data to Four Starz Production in Florida. Although I haven't heard back from Four Starz yet, Powerboat Magazine sent me a way cool free t-shirt as appreciation for my "interest and enthusiasm". Ya can't beat that!

Ross
03-17-2000, 08:24 PM
Tony,seems you had better luck. I sent in a picture of my 28' Cigarette; suggested they may want to do an International scene, a? up north here in Canada. You know a? ;the boys sitting around the hunt camp fire drinking a few brewskys! I guess the Cigarette parked out in front of the igloo just aint what they are looking for. Kind-of hard to see the white boat against the white background. Also something about enough time for all their picture taking on that one day when the ice is out.

Richard
03-17-2000, 09:40 PM
Tony,
You had better luck than us too. We sent info and did not hear anything. Maybe they will be in Orlando in 2 weeks?? What do you think? Richard.

anotherScott
03-18-2000, 08:45 AM
I also sent in pictures of my 18' Donzi and 28' Cigarette and received a very nice t-shirt from Powerboat Magazine. After several weeks I received a phone call from Four Starz Productions in Miami. It turns out......they are looking for accredited investors.....and are you sitting down.......at $250,000 a pop. What a dissappointment.