PDA

View Full Version : can it get any worse?

mattyboy
01-20-2002, 11:58 AM
I believe i have cabin fever. turned 40 this weekend feeleing a little down now I gotta shovel out the cacoon the donzi is resting in, no boat show on speed vision. so I've decided to get out go to my normal boating watering hole, watch the frozen lake and some football, couple of brews some food should feel better soon, Mom called me for my birthday weather is great in Jensen beach FL so you southern guys better be in them boats today ! gotta go the beer getting warm!

Mattyboy
GO PACK! GO STEERLERS! MY GIANTS ARE ALREADY GOLFING!

Formula Jr
01-20-2002, 12:28 PM
So sweet, Poodle, Florida......

My councelor said to use this as a Mantra.
If you say it enough, its like being there.
Or so I have to say. The joke is, my councelor thinks Poodle is literal. Hahahahahhhaaaaaaaahhaa.

oldLenny
01-20-2002, 12:29 PM
I did the forty thing recently as well. It's not all that bad.

...and be careful what you wish for...it can ALWAYS get worse. Think happy things! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sam
01-20-2002, 12:39 PM
Len I feel your pain, for me it was when I hit 45.
I cured my blues by buying a Donzi, now I just need to figure out what to do next year. Good luck and stay warm.

Sam

HP 600SC
01-20-2002, 12:48 PM
Well I hit 42 last week......but it is
81 deg. here today and I did start the 22 on the hose......if I was'nt recovering from being sick
I'd be out in him today!
Yes mine is a "him".

Formula Jr
01-20-2002, 12:51 PM
translate.

Mine is a Him?
You know You can't call a boat HIM!!!!
Dr Laura will not have it..!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that
Happy belated Birthday Mattyboy!!!!

SS18
01-20-2002, 01:38 PM
Oh it could get worse steelers could lose, lake
could dry up, Eagles could go all the way,winter
could last an extra month so anyway Happy Birthday! This Buds for you!
Jim in NJ biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Looped
01-20-2002, 02:31 PM
I’ve got the boredom fever too, just got back from a log cabin place call Real Log Homes that build kits that are pretty cool. biggrin.gif

The only bad thing about today is everywhere I go everyone keeps talking about the Patriots like they think they will make it all the way or something. I had a free ticket from my Ins. Dude offered to me yesterday but I turned it down because, well they are the Patriots and nothing will ever change that. You do the math, drive 20 minutes to Foxboro or stay at home and watch a bunch of zeros on a big screen and have FREE booze all night.

The noggin is still in rough shape though and biting the dog that bit me isn’t helping any,
Craig

ToonaFish
01-20-2002, 10:52 PM
eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif HAPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYY BIRTHDAY!!!!! eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif

MAY THIS BE THE BEST YEAR YET!

Hey, of course it could be worse... you could be turning 40 without a Donzi! I've only got nine months to prevent that situation!

I played hooky and cruised the North Georgia Mountains with the top down and heavy duty long johns around. FYI, windburn does not respond to aloe. Nor does frostbite. It was a blast and I finally got to see just how tightly the C5 'vette would stick to real curves. Lakes Chatuge, Burton and Rabun were mud puddles, but made ramp notes for summer launches.

Stole top secret fishing holes locations from a Bassmaster (or so he claimed). biggrin.gif Guess that means I'll have to buy yet another fishing license... in my case, it's a license to notkill. It's not fair paying for it every year and not harming nuttin. Wish the DNR dudes saw it my way. Saw lots of trout on the Tallulah River... seems the State of Georgia ran out of money to feed them, so did an unplanned release. I wonder if I could earmark my fishing license fee for the starving Georgia trout? Or start a 501c and use the funds to purchase a Sweet Sixteen to take food to the needy fish? Hmmh... where's that tree hugger bookmark....

Bunches,
Celene 'well duh, Officer, of course I don't know how fast I was going, can't you see I'm wearing a down comforter over the dash?'

mattyboy
01-21-2002, 08:07 AM
thanks guys!
guess it's not so bad.
looped the older you get the longer the teeth on that dog, I bounce back like an egg from a hangover eek.gif poodle you got to watch those uv rays! they will ruin the finish on the boat! eek.gif biggrin.gif and JR I believe I need a mantra.
superbowl, paddy's day, beer
soon spring will be here.

Matt

Formula Jr
01-21-2002, 02:18 PM
The weather outside is frightful.. (http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell916.jpg) Sing Along Everybody!!! biggrin.gif

Looped
01-21-2002, 03:09 PM
Owen,
Is that one of those Yurt type of things? I just saw a show this weekend about building them and how they are a big hit out in the North West. Pretty cool how you can pack up and leave with your house.

Craig

mattyboy
01-21-2002, 04:59 PM
now that really cheered me up Jr., lot of fiberglass sittin in your front yard, how's the new project coming? looks alot like where I'm sittin right now blue tarps and snow
where's spring anyway?

Matt

Brad Lyon
01-21-2002, 06:29 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I sure could use more of Mike Miller's photographs of April or any of those other great looking models on a Donzi to brighten my day.

Brad

RickR
01-21-2002, 08:17 PM
Owen
You need a garage!

Blewbyu
01-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Owen needs SIX garages!!!The pic doesn't even include his 21GT recently purchased.
Owen also needs a shrink!FOUR BOATS?????One boat is enuf to disturb most peoples sanity!
Sorry-you guys whimpering about turning 40!Get SERIOUS!!!!I just turned SIXTY Dec 1st,2001-and had open heart surgery April 2001,gotta take 4 heart drugs,Prozac(great stuff)for "clinical depression"(I'm NOT depressed,dammit!),something else to go to sleep,and something else for a boogered knee(from pushing Donzi loud pedal).I still feel like 40,but reality cuts in if I have to run 100 yards or more or run a chainsaw for more than an hour.Hell,I had the time of my life when I was 40!Stay Horny-that's the answer. biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Blewbyu
01-22-2002, 03:27 PM
JR-What's a Mantra?Is it a front wheel drive,4 cyl thing??or a V-6?
Do they have a model called "Mantra Ray"???? confused.gif confused.gif tongue.gif