PDA

View Full Version : factory seat rails

clayman
01-19-2002, 02:09 PM
Anyone know where I can get replacement seat rail sliders for my 18 classic? someone has replaced them on my boat with the round post type and the seat is about 3 inches to high. I want to return it to factory.
Thanks
James

Ranman
01-21-2002, 08:56 AM
Clayman, The company that makes the seat frames for the 18 is called Springfield. I had to buy a set for my 18. I know there is a web site out there with part numbers, but I'm not having luck finding them at the moment. The frames I think were about $45/ea. I can try to get you contact info if you still need it. Randy.

clayman
01-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Thanks Randy for the info, I will do a search and see if I can find them. IF you come up with a phone number, let me know.
Thanks
James

Ranman
01-21-2002, 02:22 PM
Clayman, On my second attempt I found it. My 97 18 Classic originally came with cast aluminum seat frames that bolted at 4 corners to the fiberglass pedestals molded in to the floor. Problem was, the design was poor and the aluminum "ears" on the seat frame liked to break off easily. I called Donzi customer service and they told me about Springfield Marine whom I got in contact with. All of the new classic Donzi's now come with an extruded aluminum seat frame (which I have extensivly field tested) that works much better. Here's the link and the exact frames that come in the new Donzi's. I should also note that the hole locations were spot on for the seat and the fiberglass mounts. Hope this helps.

http://www.springfieldgrp.com/product.asp?productid=72

clayman
01-21-2002, 10:24 PM
Thanks Randy for the info, that looks like the one I need. I will give them a call tomorrow. I just ordered my new custom seats form John at Built rite today , should be pretty nice, white seats with black piping, and a matching cock pit cover with the black stripe down the middle.
Thanks again,
james