PDA

View Full Version : LI NY WATERS AND MARINAS

DUCATIF1
02-20-2003, 11:31 PM
Ok I promise last new topic as I am hogging space. I am close to buying boat, have school set up but need marina??? Any good leads for NY LI marina?? I am in Nassau County (New Hyde Park)? I guess my big question is what area has nice cruising type waters? Fresh water exist?? I see all you guys( M.O.P) with 18's where are you running them??
I am buyig 20' Minx and everybody thinks it is too small. PLEASE I need area to dock this thing where I can enjoy it?? Anybody ever use Bayside marina in Queens?? I promise this will be last post for a while. Thanks to all that have helped with my decision. I know I should have bought Criterion!!! Brian

MOP
02-20-2003, 11:41 PM
Try some calling around Port Washington harbor, should find a spot for a 20 footer. Or opt to trailer it as I do with my 16.

DUCATIF1
02-20-2003, 11:44 PM
MOP do you get tossed around with that 16??? Do you stay in bay areas or head out in ocean?? What bays are there??? I have NO clue about water areas and help is appreciated.

Zinger
02-21-2003, 12:53 AM
Duc, i own a 18 ft.C and use it in all parts of long island sound and it gets rough at times and like a minor on others .The minx your buying will do just fine it has much more free board than mine and i have no problem. I got caught a few times out their and that damn donzi just keeps on going . Jeff