PDA

View Full Version : The "Season" is coming

RichF
03-16-2000, 08:26 AM
Well, we're halfway through March. PaulO-CDMA, how are your respective projects coming?? Inquiring minds want to know.
Just got back from Cancun recently, where we went on one of those "tours" where you get to drive a little "speedboat" - definitely not a Donzi, but made me realize how badly I really missed being on the bay with my (former) Donzi. Almost made me cry! May just have to look into purchase of yet another toy......Who knows?? Wife might disown me, though.

------------------
Rich mailto:fngrht@aol.comfngrht@aol.com</A>

PaulO
03-16-2000, 11:22 AM
Rich,
When you take the first drive in the corvette with the top down, it will help ease the pain. As far as the project, I am behind schedule but, not so far that there is no possibility of catching up. Just finishing up installing the motor. The engine mods are done as is the transom rebuild, stringers,etc. Left to do is the prep for paint on the deck and the installation of the steering, controls, and guages, and of course, the paint. Lot's of sanding ahead.
Paul

CDMA
03-16-2000, 09:54 PM
Rich

I am still a little behind Paul. The engine compartmet is ready for the engine and it is ready to go in. I hope to get it in this weekend. After that I have a lot of paint prep to do. I really want to have the boat painted by end of April but time and money have been short. I have made slow progress because I am really trying not to cut corners. The boat is getting a Howard Ochs level ( check out his boat on the registry) restoration with the only thing not new or redone being the fuel tank. I just could not get invloved in splitting the deck. I just had all the chrome redone and it looks great. I really am happy with the results just not the speed.

Chris

RichF
03-20-2000, 06:42 PM
Paul and/or Chris -
I'll start begging in advance. Please- I need my Donzi fix - at least 60 MPH - maybe by June ?????
Good luck. http://206.150.187.82/ubb/biggrin.gif http://206.150.187.82/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Rich mailto:fngrht@aol.comfngrht@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RichF (edited 03-20-2000).]

CDMA
03-20-2000, 07:14 PM
Rich

Your best bet is Paul. His will be fater and a heck of a lot more likely to be ready.

Chris

Carl C
05-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Yup! I can't believe that it's May already and I haven't had the boat out yet! Have a great boating season.:wink: