PDA

View Full Version : Mount Dora Antique Boat Show

catch 22
02-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Anyone going to the Antique Boat Show the end of March? The wife and I are planning to take a few days off and visit the folks in Lady Lake, Fl. and are going to check out the show. My folks have gone the past couple of years and say it is really something to see. I plan to bring the Donzi up and spend some time on the lakes near my folks place. I heard they are not allowing any boats to put in at the show. My dad said there are other ways to get there by boat, but I was wondering about being able to dock near the show.

RH
02-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Mopunt Dora is a great venue for a boat show. The week prior is spent on a river cruise on the St. Johns from Jacksonville to Sanford. I made the run back in 1995 and had a ball. This show is a large one and I would expect it to be impossible to find any dock spac coming by boat. We displayed a Chris Craft at that show and most if not all come by car for the show. As a side note, I met a gentleman by the name of Bob Cox who had told me that he had a successful Donzi dealership in south Florida in the early days. I'm jealous that I cannot be there this year.
RH

abelchinewalker
02-21-2003, 07:16 AM
We'll be there with our boat.

Surfer
02-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Wavewalker and I are planing to get togather, he has family in Mt. Dora, and knows the lakes well. He says there are ways to get to the show by boat, and my family and I will be up on the 29th.

catch 22
02-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Surfer and Wavewalker we are also going on Saturday to the show. If you can give me a time and a place if you are planning on bringing a boat. Maybe we can terroize the lake together. :cool: