PDA

View Full Version : Welcome!!

harbormaster
03-15-2000, 01:36 AM
Well I got tired of fighting the freebie ultraboard mystery crashes and the substandard domain hosting of digitalchainsaw.com and changed everything.
Its new, greatly improved, and probably will have some minor glitches. Look for some added graphics to the boards. Email me if there are any questions.

Hornetman
03-15-2000, 04:46 AM
Scot, I re-registered. I couldn't use my old password from the old board? Anyhow looks great!!!! By the way were is Gene? Anyone have a new e-mail for him. I think he included it in an old thread? Also did any of you guys send in a Boat Bio, and or pictures to Powerboat Magazine for the Don A. film? Did anyone get any feedback? I was supposed to send them info. on my 1969 Hornet but didn't, because I currently would required a sponsorship of about $5,000 to finish the assembly in short order, (wiring plumbing etc). Any sponsors out there?????
p.s. Scot your "clock" needs to be set. http://206.150.187.82/ubb/eek.gif
http://206.150.187.82/ubb/eek.gif
------------------
Steve A. (Hornetman)

[This message has been edited by Hornetman (edited 03-16-2000).]

riverrat
03-15-2000, 09:33 AM
okay scot, what's with the junior member??

boxy
03-15-2000, 09:35 AM
Hornetman, GeneD is alive and well. I'm sure he'll be back on board real soon.
boxy

Forrest
03-15-2000, 09:46 AM
I hope that the old posts didn't go away whith the old board. Will the old post's reappear somewhere?

harbormaster
03-15-2000, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone. You will all need to re register. In fact if anyone wants to post, you have to register.

I dumped the free bulletin board(UltraBoard) and purchased this Bulletin Board software with one year of support and also moved the site to a new server/host. I now have 24/7 support for the board/site. This operation has gotten too big to be run as a crapshoot!
I am also puting the finishing touches on the automated registry tool that will allow foks to instantaneously enter their boat in the registry.

A junior member is someone who has posted less than 21 times in a 12 month period.
Once you surpase that you will be a full member.

The old posts are not lost but are in a proprietary text format that will take MONTHS to sort out.
I had an idea that this would happen and asked for volunteers to help condense out the useful data, but got NO takers. Oh well..

Hotboat
03-15-2000, 10:39 AM
Am sure glad to see this site again. Life was miserable without it.

------------------
Hotboat

kengoldberg
03-15-2000, 11:22 AM
Scott,

Nice job, well done !!

I actually like this format better than the prior one. Easier to read...

Not to complain here but in the spirit of helping you, please consider the following:
You said:
The old posts are not lost but are in a proprietary text format that will take MONTHS to sort out.

That's about what you said about the old logs from Jim Cancils board and you solved that problem so I have every faith you can do this one also.

You also said:
I had an idea that this would happen and asked for volunteers to help condense out the useful data, but got NO takers.

How can you sift thru the discussions and condense out useful data. This is an exchange of information so what would you trash??
Maybe there are some posts that You or I or Someone doesn't like but who says it's trash, other than the all knowing harbormaster who has the erase button.??

Hmnnn, I wonder how long before this repoly will be deleted. Did you ever hear of the 1st amendment?? OK I'll stop...

Say what happened to the how to fix it section and the goodies section and the ... ooppps, all done here.

Thanks for doing it nicely.

------------------

Kenn
03-15-2000, 11:39 AM
Scott,

GOOD JOB.! !

I actually like this format better than the prior one. Easier to read...

Hey, I agree with the other guy.

Kenn

------------------

Donziflyer
03-15-2000, 12:00 PM
Scot-

I commend anyone that would do all this for less than a full-on salery. Since few or none of us knows the extent of your time, effort and $$$ spent on keeping this site up and running and the extent of donations, I hope that I am asking a question that is on everyones mind when I ask; Do you feel you are being shown our appreciation? I don't think I have read anything on this from you in the past year. Thanks for letting us know.

Me in three weeks on our 89 22' Classic - cool:

------------------
PaulH

Donziflyer
03-15-2000, 12:04 PM
Let's try this again

Me in three weeks on our 89 22' Classic - http://206.150.187.82/ubb/cool.gif

harbormaster
03-15-2000, 12:41 PM
OK owen I am laughing my ass off. I hate to tell you this but I was the first member on this board.
Heee Heee!

Frank Civitano
03-15-2000, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by harbormaster:
Well I got tired of fighting the freebie ultraboard mystery crashes and the substandard domain hosting of digitalchainsaw.com and changed everything.
Its new, greatly improved, and probably will have some minor glitches. Look for some added graphics to the boards. Email me if there are any questions.

Hi Scot, Cool board Geez I haven't been called a jr in at least 37 years, Better then being called Hey old man from my kids !
Hey Gene were are you ? See you all down at Universal in a couple weeks ? Scot if your there I need 1 large and 1 medium shirt. Thanks Frank.

------------------
Frank Civitano

superhatz
03-15-2000, 01:59 PM
Holy crap did I miss this site...I didn't know what to do with myself...I gotta get a life.

Thanks Scot..you rule.

RichF
03-16-2000, 08:17 AM
GO SCOT GO !!!
I'm sure this requires a tremendous amount of time and effort. I'm sure I speak for many when I say(write) that everyone would really miss a site like this if it wasn't available any more, and really appreciate what you are doing !! http://206.150.187.82/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Rich mailto:fngrht@aol.comfngrht@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RichF (edited 03-16-2000).]

RickR,GroveCity
03-16-2000, 09:25 AM
ScotV
Thanks for all the hard work. I was getting withdraws.
We use this format for
Ford Diesel.Com (http://www.ford-diesel.com) It works great!

------------------
RickR

[This message has been edited by RickR,GroveCity (edited 03-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by RickR,GroveCity (edited 03-16-2000).]

FrequentFlyer
03-16-2000, 11:22 PM
Nice job Scot. Thanks for all the hard work.

------------------
Alex

Looped
03-17-2000, 07:39 AM
Scot,
This is a beautiful thing. I was getting scared that the board was gone forever.

Keep up the great job!

Looped

Looped
03-17-2000, 08:04 AM
Scot,
This is a beautiful thing. I was getting scared that the board was gone forever.

Keep up the great job!

Looped

Looped
03-17-2000, 08:17 AM
Hey, This PC must have some loose ballbearings. It shoots dups.

Looped

AVickers
03-17-2000, 12:38 PM
Hmmm,

Was missing the board, but was expecting it back "any day now..." Now I guess I'm going to have to get used to a whole new look and feel.

I think I like it.

Thanks!

kevin
03-17-2000, 06:02 PM
SCOTT GREAT JOB.

harbormaster
03-18-2000, 02:35 PM
Sounds good to me Scott.
I need volunteers. I will send you the files. no typing needed. You will just need to edit out all the special characters.
If anyone is interested email me at scot@donzi.net

http://www.donzi.net/harbormaster.gif

[This message has been edited by harbormaster (edited 03-18-2000).]

Crazy Horse
03-19-2000, 09:37 PM
Scot: Nice job with the update...easy to use, looks great. You ARE the Master Harbormaster.
Best,
Crazy Horse

donzi92
05-04-2004, 06:39 PM
I have a 1992 23'6" donzi witha 454 king cobra and am wondering what prop is best?
Thanks Chad

olemissalum
05-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Chad, glad you found the site. Lots of great folks here with lots of knowledge. Maybe post you a new thread to get it going.