11-05-2002, 08:27 PM
http://www.projectboats.net/pictures.html?1034

HP 600SC
11-05-2002, 08:37 PM
That thing has been around forever. Its been on
here at least 4 times....wonder why?

harbormaster
11-05-2002, 10:02 PM
If its anything like the experiences I have had with selling boats on online auctions, People bid on the boat and win. Then they never came through with finishing the sale.

CDMA
11-06-2002, 11:36 AM
Tisk Tisk Madpoodle... they are ALL worth saving :D wink :D

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
11-07-2002, 03:49 PM
Actually, I don't think it looks that bad (at the right price). Too bad it's not the 18' I'm looking for. It'd be great for the sequel to Waterworld!! :rolleyes:

GeneD
11-07-2002, 04:22 PM
This boat is in Melbourne, and they want big bucks for it.
I almost bought it when the 18 fell in my lap.
These people think the boat is worth a million. They are the original owners, and they told me if they were going to sell it for less than they wanted, they would fix it up themselves.
Let them keep it and kick themselves later on in life when they realize they should have sold it to me.
But really, I'm glad they didn't.

Formula Jr
11-07-2002, 05:14 PM
Poodle is right, there is a cutoff. After a couple decades, some boats are just swiss cheese and can't be restored to anything sound. At least not in anyway that makes sense to do. Too many mechanical bonds and the boat is just going to fall apart even if you do an excellent job. I mean, at which point is it easier to build a new one from the keel up? There is a huge difference in strenght between a chemically bonded boat and one thats been patched back together. A well designed boat that is still off-gasing can be run till you are breaking teeth. But if the polyester/vinylester is set and has reached total cure, which takes 30 years or so, there isn't much you can do. It will not flex anymore and the whole boat is as fragile as a high fired tea cup. A Fiberglas Reinforced Plastic boat is just that. The clock started the day it was popped from the mold and once the plastic hardens, through time or UV radiation, it can shatter like a clay pot, delaminate and set you up for a major structural failure if you run it hard. Take it easy with the old boats guys. They are past their prime.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-07-2002, 05:42 PM
Just out of curiousity.
What are they asking?

It has been around the board several times, I actually thought F JR bought it to restore.
Shows how little I know....
Just curious.
Bryan