PDA

View Full Version : Marine Fuel Injection ( GEOO)

CDMA
01-15-2002, 10:02 PM
George, Lee and anyone else with experience in this topic. Just out of curiosity I was looking over the holley marine catalogue and looking at both the trottle body and MPI aftermarket systems. I know Geoo you use a Cutler I think and I am not sure about what others use but I was wondering for the future what the feasability and practicality of these systems ( any manufacturer) used in my application of a blow through supercharger. The laptop tunability really would seem like an asset as well as the use of the oxygen sensor to optimize the mixture. I am not really considering at this point doing this I was just curious. I mean to my uniformed eyes it appears to me I could just put one of those TBI fuel injection systems inside my supercharger pressure box or just blow the center of the MPI systems.

Thanks
Chris

Sea trial a new Crew boat tomorrow...147 feet 5400 hp 28 knots...most of the captains don't belive I have my 100 ton licesnse....hehe tongue.gif

GEOO
01-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Chris,
I purchased my Cutler (sold out to Hirel then to Holley), MPI system, ( intake, fuel rails, throttle body and automatic tuning ECU, no O2 sensor) in 1997? It ran well with my 383ci. The ECU could not automatically tune for my 434ci. So I purchased a Speed Pro ECU. The Speed Pro (sold out to F.A.S.T.) has many options, mine has a wide band O2 sensor. If you change the map sensor to a 2 or 3 bar then it will work with a supercharged or turbo's set up. You can blow through a carb like throttle body or put in a in line throttle body. Placing a Hat on top of the throttle body to blow through works fine with moderate boost under 10 lbs. Over that I was told the in line Throttle body provides a better seal. I would think the MPI system would have a lot better fuel distribution over the TBI system and your intake is dry, no fuel, much safer and flows more air.
The F.A.S.T. (formerly Speed Pro) ECU is the best ECU for the money. Many Blown drag racers and custom engine company's use it. Very user friendly at a fair price. You could send your intake out and get fuel injection rail's installed and purchase a throttle body. GEOO