PDA

View Full Version : The Yellow Donzi is in TEXAS!!!

JimG
02-16-2003, 07:02 PM
We made it! It's home! Great trip! And met some wonderful folks along the way...

We had an incredible lunch in Pensacola with David and Stuart. At the beautiful Pensacola Yacht Club, no less! After lunch though, they went for our trailer... http://www.donzi.net/photos/jimg-stuart&davido.jpg

Great guys! :D

After lunch we headed to Pensacola Beach, checked into our hotel and got ready for dinner. Jubilee's Upstairs was everything we imagined it would be. First class! Great meal, very nice folks!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jimg-mariepensacola.jpg

We loved Pensacola and Pensacola Beach. We're definitely going back in May. :)

JimG
02-16-2003, 07:06 PM
Here I am going for the sea trial at beautiful, (but LOW!), Lake Allatoona! http://www.donzi.net/photos/jimg-allatoona.jpg

The boat ran great, Brad was a really nice guy, and we feel like we got a good deal!

Marie
02-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Here it is at home. :D http://www.donzi.net/photos/jimg-athome.jpg

Bad-Tat
02-16-2003, 08:47 PM
Jim and Marie,
You guys need to come to Lake Cumberland in May!! Super time with great folks!

Sagbay32
02-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Congratulations on your new Donzi !

It looks like everything worked out for you.

I was very suprised to see that soft water....I was ice fishing today here.......brrrrrrr.

Mike

riverrat
02-17-2003, 07:29 AM
J & M too cool!! :D let's get it wet!!

the rat!!

krakmeup
02-17-2003, 07:30 AM
We couldn't stand it and pestered J &J as they made it back to Texas. We scurried over to the ranch and fell in love with their new toy! She's a solid vintage Classic 18, and one I'm sure is going to see lots of good times!

We can't wait to get a ride in the Donzi, and I'll probably make more trouble for Jim as I drool over his until I'm able to go find one! Great boat - this is gonna be an awesome summer!!
:p cool!

Congrats to you, now GET OUT THERE! (At least you don't have to remove shrink wrap first!! - Sorry to the Northern contingency!! :D :D )

K & RA

Team Jefe
02-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Jefe Likes :) .

Please Sir May I have a ride?...

Oh Wait, excuse me....I forgot whose boat it is.

Please, MA'AM, may I have a ride :D

Have you named her yet?

JEFE

David O
02-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Marie
I showed the photo of Jim sitting in the boat to Gene S (an X-18 owner here in P-Cola) and he replied.

Tell him hes trying to drive the boat with the trailer still attached in that photo. Disconnect from trailer is good for maybe 10 mph

Gene S

JimG
02-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Dangit!
:o
I KNEW there was something wrong! I was about the pull the engine out five or six times to fix it! Thanks Gene and David for the heads-up! :D :D

JimG yippie

roadtrip se
02-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Hope to see that ride at Possum Kingdom in the fall. Glad to see another Classic in the neighborhood.

Congratulations!

Todd

RH
02-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Congrats on geting home safely and your new prized Donzi. I love the color, just don't tell Pearson! Take some close ups of the boat, you have a nice boat!
RH

Marie
02-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Jefe, of course you can have a ride! Jim just has to teach me to drive it first!! Maybe we'll have some warm weather soon and we can all head back out to Redfish. And no, she doesn't have a name yet.

Janet Marie

harbormaster
02-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Janet and Jim,

It s going to be nice this weekend. Hows about Saturday?

What about the Barn dance? Is that still on?

JimG
02-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Scot, you've got mail!

I'm in my Captain's school all day Sat/Sun this week and next! :mad:

You know, I tried to plan this school when not much was going on. Silly old me! I'm going to miss out on all kinds of cool stuff!!! :rolleyes:

Jim

PaulO
02-19-2003, 10:19 AM
JimG,
Nice ride! I have a real fondness for the yellow/black color scheme. My old 18 was similar and I miss it! Good luck and enjoy the hell out of that boat!
PaulO

JimG
02-19-2003, 10:30 AM
Thanks for all the great comments! Thanks Sagbay32, Riverrat, Roadtrip SE, RH, PaulO and the whole Donzi.net family! You folks have been SO supportive through this whole ordeal, and we surely appreciate the help. Krakmeup, CAPTWK and Harbormaster, we couldn't have pulled this off without you guys!

And to our friendly, yet larcenous, P-Town crowd: Get your butts down here! We'll show you how to party on our MUDDY water! We've decided we like your idea... we are NOT going to bring our Donzi when we come to Pensacola in May. We'll let you guys chauffer us around in YOURS! How's that grab ya? :D

JimG & Janet Marie

David O
02-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Jim, you ride with Stuart, Janet Marie rides with ME
How's that grab ya?

JimG
02-19-2003, 01:00 PM
You send along some of those cuties in your old Donzi Girl posts, you got a deal! smileybo

JimG

krakmeup
02-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Here's one of the 'new' toy, depicting our HARSH Texas winters. Yes, there are thongs in the picture, but they're buried under too many clothes!!!!!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/kkreider570.jpg

Maybe we'll update this shot in a few weeks in a sunnier, more revealing style! JimG - what do you mean you're not gonna drag the Donzi to P-town? Then can I use it in our muddy waters while you're gone??? He he :D

Donzi dreamin'..........

JimG
02-19-2003, 04:31 PM
Just come get it, Krakmeup! But, you'll have yours by then! And a big stinky truck to pull it! :D

David O
02-19-2003, 04:48 PM
krakmeup, you come too and if you don't have a boat by then I am sure Stuarts will be available for someone to use. His wife will be 8 months preg in May so we all know where he will be and it wont be on the water with us looking at the cuties.

JimG, the cutie I posted is now living in Miami with Poodle and Dalelama and not even boating down there where the options are plentiful. I guess getting a masters degree is full time work. Feel free to bring with you and Janet, any cuties wanting to ride in a Donzi.

riverrat
02-19-2003, 06:50 PM
man those girls look good on that yellow boat!! eek!
can't wait to get together

see ya soon

the rat :D

CDMA
02-19-2003, 08:11 PM
Congrats guys....reminds me of the boat I bought just 3 years ago...you won't regret it :)

Chris

krakmeup
02-19-2003, 08:12 PM
David O, thanks for the invite! We'll be there if it all works out, for sure!!

Het rat - you gonna dip that boat in the salt soon? I can hear the fizzing now........ eek!

Don't think I'll get out this weekend - lost a harmonic balancer (aka 'torsional dampener') on Mental Floss' starboard SBC, trying to locate one now, of course the automotive ones don't seem to fit it. Have to talk to some mercruiser folks tomorrow. If I do get it buttoned up, I'll be pinging the forum for another Redfish run, or something.... you around this weekend?

Keith

JimG
02-19-2003, 08:22 PM
A Redfish Run? THIS weekend? Oh, that REALLY hurts! :mad:

David O
02-20-2003, 05:29 AM
Poodle
I count 12 weeks till mid May with two backup boats. Gene never uses his and we know where Stuart will be.
Now to answer your question, I hope so.

riverrat
02-20-2003, 06:07 AM
Keith, my boat's in the shop up in Conroe getting serviced in fresh water :D & we got a ton of stuff this weekend as well. so...
but, yes "the fiz" will take place this season. I would not miss all the expected fun & those jello shots for the world! get ready for the ride of your life! unlike Scot's boat mine runs 70 mph eek!

the rat

Team Jefe
02-20-2003, 07:55 AM
I get a ride with Janet..Na Na N'Na Na :p .

Actually, You and RAE need to take Ol' Jefe for a ride, and the rest of you Mullets can stay on teh wine-n-cheese boats wink .

Besides, Maybe I should be the one teaching you at the Helm. Afterall, I am used to operating a vessel that can exceed 25 knots :D .

Of Course, I'm dissing the man who I will have to addrerss as Captain Guidry, Sir after this weekend. Good luck in the glass buddy. take good notes, I'm up next in April.

I'm out for this weekend as well. I will actually be redfishing in Freeport & Mategorda (depending on weather).

JEFE