PDA

View Full Version : Hornet Engine

harbormaster
01-11-2002, 08:41 AM
I recieved an email from a gentleman who is rebuilding a Hornet engine for Jim Boardman, a register member. He has some questions. Anyone have an idea of what he needs?
The email follows...
Hi Scott;
I'm doing some work on a 1973 Donzi Hornet for a friend, Jim Boardman. He's listed in the registry on your website- We're putting in a longblock; the engine ran with no oil pressure for some time, and needs replacement. No engine numbers can be identified, and I'm having some trouble
getting parts as a result.
Can you tell me what the original engine was, and any numbers you may have for it? The current engine is a Chevy 350; I'm not sure if this is
original or a replacement.
The hull ID is DMR1968173H(from the MA state reg) or maybe MSZ00369H999(from the title) or maybe DMR1969573H(from the previous owner's NH state registration)
I don't have the boat in front of me, just the engine and a hand full of miscellaneous paperwork; the only number that shows up more than once in any of this is the engine casting number!! Which apparently doesn't do me or the parts counter any good.
Tt was mated to a Volvo 270f outdrive.

Thanks for your help-
Phil