PDA

View Full Version : SHIPPING A DONZI

DUCATIF1
02-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Ok I have found a couple of leads on my Donzi search. I think I iwll stick ith the small block due to pricing. Plus I build engines so bumping it up a few ponies shouldn't be a problem? I have no idea about drives or their load capacities. Back to my question. Anybody ever ship a boat?? Are they trailered?? Huge expense? It usually costs me approx $1300 from Ca to NY for car. Close?? Found a couple in FLA and Mid West. Thanks again Brian

oldLenny
02-12-2003, 11:02 PM
..about a buck $US a mile if it is on a GOOD trailer...Trailers can be supplied, Scot Van A has a lead on a fella, "Dwayne" that seemed nice and did ok on his boat shipping situation...

$1300US ,..no way...

Wait a while and I'll tow it from CA to NYC and while I'm there Ill get Mattyboy to fix me a hotdog... :D

Cuda
02-12-2003, 11:39 PM
I was quoted any where from $1400 to $900 to ship a 28 foot Scarab from Md to Fla. The lower prices if I did it when they had a load going that way ahead of time.

Cuda
02-12-2003, 11:40 PM
There is a website where you post what you wanted hauled from where to where, and people will send you quotes, I'll see if I still have the link.

harbormaster
02-13-2003, 02:15 AM
It cost me 1300 dollars to have my 18 towed from Michigan to South Texas on its own trailer..

knee deep
02-13-2003, 05:36 AM
I shipped my 18 from Brick Township New Jersery, to Fort Lauderdale, Florida via Wavemaker transport, cost $920. I found Keith to be excellent, his number is 239 573-1525. The website in question is www.truckaboat.com (http://www.truckaboat.com)
Your best bet is to call around and get quotes or try the web site. If you are in no hurry it helps as your boat can make up part of a load.
I just shipped a 50 Sea Ray from Baltimore to Fort Lauderdale. Wavemaker was $5200 and quotes ran to almost $7000.

JimG
02-13-2003, 07:09 AM
I shipped my 24' Blackfin (8500lbs w/trailer) for around $1100 from SE Texas to Chesapeake Bay.

Something as small as a 22', just go get it! I'm going to get my 18! :)

Jim yippie

Bandit
02-13-2003, 07:48 AM
Just make a road trip out of it like I did.

I took my dad with me and left Ky on a Fri., hit Lake Conroe which is between Houtson and Dallas and stayed at nice place on the lake. Got up the next morning and test drove the donzi, secured the trailer for the haul back and the following day took off at day break for the 18hr trip back.

I got to see a part of the country I haven't been too in 20 yrs., met lots of nice people and had a great road trip for a lot less than the above quoted amounts. wink

Crossbow
02-13-2003, 08:40 AM
I had a Z-33 hauled from Texas to N.Y. for 1600.00 ,just had to wait till there was something else coming that way ,no problem at all ,found the site on the net ,search under boat transport ,fill outforms and see who offers the best quote Good Luck :rolleyes:

HyperDonzi
02-13-2003, 02:33 PM
DUCATIF1:
Ok I have found a couple of leads on my Donzi search. I think I iwll stick ith the small block due to pricing. Plus I build engines so bumping it up a few ponies shouldn't be a problem? I have no idea about drives or their load capacities. Back to my question. Anybody ever ship a boat?? Are they trailered?? Huge expense? It usually costs me approx $1300 from Ca to NY for car. Close?? Found a couple in FLA and Mid West. Thanks again BrianYour best bet is to swap out that 350 for a big block when you get the $. Drive Capacities: Alpha 1 genearally holds around 300 hp. There is an Alpha SS which people will tell you handles more, but it is really an 2" Alpha with a nosecone. The Bravo 1 will hold 500hp. If it is a small block boat it probably has the Alpha 1. If you switch to a bigblock, you might want to look into the Mercruiser packages.

Hope this helps,
Tommy

RH
02-13-2003, 02:40 PM
I feel pretty good about my Hornet transfer. Got ahold of a local trucker who happened to be in Phoenix. Picked up the Hornet in Scottsdale and loaded it on his trailer. Thank heavens he is a mechanic with tools, as he drained the block for me. Tucked it on the front of the trailer behind the cab and three days later he showed up in Iowa with my beloved Hornet. $700 as he has some other equipment on behind. I feel extremely lucky as he was cautious, courteous and appreciatve of what he was hauling. I got lucky!
Good luck on your search, you will be thrilled with your new Donzi!
RH

fasttrucker
02-15-2003, 01:05 PM
I had a bad time with my 28zx being shipped from il to md. :( The boat was dropped off in a yard in indiana.When i called to find out where my boat was the bitch said to stop complaining or they would drop my boat on the side of the road. :mad: It was a boat transpotion broker called"smooth sailing boat transport"out of pensacola fl....When i got my boat 3 days late then promised..the bow light was torn off..duck tape on my cover..snaps broken..and the boat was really dirtty from siting in a yard in elkhart in. :mad:

Scott Pearson
02-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Brian,
Let me know where you would be getting a Donzi. If I'm going that way I will haul it back to NJ. You have to pick it up from there...I dont do NYC. I go up and down the East coast all the time. Trailer has to be good. No junk.

Almost lost my Bench Seat Hornet in NY due to a crap trailer.

(NJ)Scott