PDA

View Full Version : Swim Platform for 16 Classic

tmumbleau
01-09-2002, 05:43 PM
I am looking for a small swim platform solution. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is for a 16 Classic with trim tabs and does not have thru hull exhaust.

mattyboy
01-09-2002, 06:00 PM
what's the platform for, getting in and out of the water or for lounging on? to get in and out a collapsable ladder or a ladder from an inflatable works pretty good. for lounging we use a towel and the deck or the beach! I've got thru hull exhaust so a platform is unlikely, would like to see some options though, this is just me a platform might look out of place on a classic, but wonderful things can be done with fiberglass!
good luck in your search

Matt

SS18
01-09-2002, 06:26 PM
Although this may be conveinant would this not
deprieciate the value for future resale? I was so
attracted to my 18 classic for the simple fact that no one de-faced her with any after market stuff.I just mean no extra holes.
Jim in NJ. frown.gif

tmumbleau
01-09-2002, 06:52 PM
I have two young boys who love the water. I don't really want to hang anything off the back, and agree that it would impact the boat in a negative fashion, but I thought if I found something portable or custom made over the outdrive this would provide them a way back in the boat.

mattyboy
01-09-2002, 07:20 PM
tmumbleau,
I have a 14yr old boy and a 11 year old girl what I do with them is a inflatable boat ladder which I clip to the grab rail toward the back of the boat the kids are light so it is not a problem also drap a towel over the side so not to scratch the boat this way they are away from the prop and outdrive, for me i clip the ladder onto the rear lift ring, same towel cause I'm little fat guy, it's a one step portable ladder(step) from west marine rope and a plastice step works ok
just my 2 cents

Matt

SS18
01-09-2002, 07:44 PM
Tmumbleau,
WWW.stainlessmarine.com (http://WWW.stainlessmarine.com) has nice sturdy equipment
some could consider an asset to your boat check it out!Also www.cpperformance.com (http://www.cpperformance.com) both have free catalogs and great support.AS for our method we use outdrive in neutral off position (girls hate it)
Jim in NJ
ps. matt anyone snatch that 18 in kearny?
email me I'll tell you what I heard. biggrin.gif

tmumbleau
01-09-2002, 08:45 PM
swim platform advisors,

thanks for the input.

mattyboy
01-10-2002, 07:30 AM
MBE,
tried to email you got error message mailbox unavailable e mail me
mveth@telecom-support.com
then I'll get your emall address

Matt

Rick
01-10-2002, 08:28 AM
If you look in West Marine they have a couple of different prefab platforms, fiberglass and teak that can be cut to fitin different widths. They also offer stainless mounting brackets. Good Luck Rick