PDA

View Full Version : Model List section

Wavewalker
01-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Just wanted to offer my approval of the Model Lists section added during the upgrade. Its great and shows the depth and wide ranging experience of the members of this board. Thanks to all who added to this list's building. To all those who have not seen it check it out. biggrin.gif

boldts
01-09-2002, 09:22 PM
I'm going to look very unknowlegable here, but I'll let you know how much the Models List has helped me already.

I received a membership application to the Midwest Donzi Club listing a Doral as the boat model. I thought that this person did not understand that our club was for Donzi and Don Aronow boats. (There is a boat builder named Doral which I've seen boat models on the lakes.) I started to write an e-mail response to Mr. Chris Armstrong explaining this. Thank goodness I took a look at this Model List before sticking my foot in my mouth. eek.gif Not only does Chris own a Donzi, but one of the rarest models out there. He lives in Toledo, Ohio and I can't wait to meet him and see a Donzi Doral in person.

Thanks to all who have contributed information and to Owen for putting the list together.

Formula Jr
01-10-2002, 06:38 AM
Thats funny Scott, cause if someone had said the same thing a year ago; I would have had the same reaction, cause I also remember that name as a different brand. Actually, I have had the opposite problem with Donzi Models. I was certain that Donzi made a Monza model which was backed up by an incorrect ad I had found. Turns out the Monza was a close copy of the GT 21 but the strakes are all wrong. I don't make or know the list. All of you do........now go find me pics of a Donzi Sprit. biggrin.gif

boldts
01-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Madpoodle,

I may have the opportunity to do just that Feb.9th. You go through Toledo on the way to the Detroit Boat Show. From the picture I've seen of one, I really want to see it in person. I'm also hoping Mr. Armstrong joined our club because he was interested in running his HORSES on Lake Cumberland. wink.gif