PDA

View Full Version : 1974 24 Donzi twin small blocks

halffast
05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Just bought this 24 Donzi,it has been sitting for 9 yrs got the holley carbs cleaning now.I have planned on doing full svc on both motors and cleaning the fuel sys.I purchased it with the sole intent to resell after I get it clean and purring again.I just do not know where to start on a price.If anyone is interested I am in Ga.706 485 4063 wk thanks Chris

farmer tx
05-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Chris,
If you get a chance post some pics.

Thanks,
Mark

oldLenny
05-06-2003, 02:02 AM
Is this a Spitfire?...

Donzi Dreaming
05-06-2003, 06:15 AM
I was trying to get pics of this boat and it got snagged by halffast before they were posted. I would love to see them!

boldts
05-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Model list says its either a Doral or a Sprit? (Typo on that 2nd one?) Spitfire came along in 76. Anyway you look at it, there isn't a whole bunch of either one of those Donzi models still living. I'd be interested in seeing the pics also.

Fish boy
05-06-2003, 08:19 AM
He Chris,
Welcome to the registry. Last thing I heard from Raceman, you were thinking of keeping it and cruising amelia island with it- you sure you want to sell it so fast??

You will find an immense amount of donzi knowledge and resources here if you have any questions about you boat so don't be afraid to ask.

If you get a chance post some pics, or email them to me and I will do it for you makulaf@mindspring.com. There is also a boats for sale section on the main forum page where you can put some more detail if you decide you are not going to keep it.

Again, welcome to the site and the donzi family.

Fish

olredalert
05-06-2003, 12:56 PM
------I have one of its brothers(El Pescador).It was at the last owners meet in Sarasota.Fantastic hull.Very heavy.Will take alot of punishment.If I can be of any help,just yell!!!!!........Bill S........ol red!

------Scott B,

------Dont believe the listing here on the registry that states that Spitfires were not built till 76.That list needs to be updated badly.Spitfire and El Pescador were both being manufactured in 1974.

boldts
05-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks Ole-Red....I'm thinking a 24 would make a great Lake Erie Donzi!

Greg K
05-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Chris,

Your e-mail address in your profile is not working..and being returned.

halffast
05-06-2003, 09:32 PM
I just looked at the old photos this one I bought is a spit fire,fer sure.I do like the body lines in the water and on the trailer.I will take some pictures this weekend. hf...

boldts
05-06-2003, 11:53 PM
Huh Oh, anyone want to buy a blue and white 22 Classic? I do love the looks of the SpitFire. Especially if it's blue and white also. Just kidding. I'm not ready for a project right now. Very cool Donzi though!

olredalert
05-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Halffast,

-------Please keep us informed on the Spitfire.Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!.........Bill S....ol red!

halffast
05-16-2003, 08:07 PM
I got pics .How can I show em ? Can or will you guys get up here for me ? I can email em. Hf ...

MOP
05-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Go to photo posting help down at the bottom, its pretty easy now that the HM spelled it out.

Fish boy
05-16-2003, 08:19 PM
HF,
if you want, email them to me and I will post for you. makulaf@mindspring.com

Fish

Fish boy
05-17-2003, 06:20 AM
Here are the pics courtesy of Halffast.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/halffast.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/halffast1.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/halffast2.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/halffast3.jpg

olredalert
05-17-2003, 08:35 PM
-----Ah,the elusive Spitfire!This one appears to have been around the bay a couple of times but basicly intact.Loads of people want these,but the resto might wear out a normal person.Ask me,I know.
-----These hulls react really well to the trim switch,and that makes the Volvo drives a little less than the best choice.I know Volvos could have trim,but just not as good as a Merc in my opinion.This hull likes to be pushed hard,and the power-train should be first-class,and bullet-proof.
-----Still a very worthwile project.This Harry Schoell designed boat is,in my estimation,by far the best designed 24ft. boat ever built.When someone does finish a first class restoration of this boat they will have a true treasure..............Bill S

halffast
05-17-2003, 10:48 PM
I need an est on the value ? You got the pics now,I'm not scared you can hurt my feelings or buy it before I jump deep into this project.Any takers ??? It will be runnin next weekend !!!! Cleaned up too...