PDA

View Full Version : upholstery

Zinger
05-05-2003, 10:58 AM
I had my interior done by Bilt-Rite and what a awesome job those people did . I shopped around like everyone else and the local upholstery were more money than the orginal . The cover ripped due to my stupidity and i sent it back to them ,they fixed the cover Free of charge and you could not even tell where the tear was .Give those fine people a call at 540 981 - 1711 and give them the opportunity to build you an awesome interior for your next project. Jeff

Walt. H.
05-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Alway's good to hear pluses, How was the shipping cost?
I did some correspondence with them and I was impressed!

Good to hear, Walt.
:) :)

NoCal22Donzi
05-05-2003, 10:26 PM
I second the recommendation on Built-Rite. They did excellent work but they were even better on communication and delivering a beautiful product. They also do fabulous carpet and a really trick vinyl striped cockpit cover. Totally waterproof and vented. I couldn't be happier with the workmanship. :D

Digger
05-06-2003, 06:43 AM
I'll just climb on board here. I talked to Bob in Roanoke yesterday, we discussed some ideas for my boat. The upshot was he offered to store the boat inside for as long as he had it...now that is customer service!

ZF-Mac
05-06-2003, 08:21 AM
They did my 16 interior, It looks awesome....

1996Z15
05-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Not to be nosey but what do they charge for a normal Donzi interior resto? I just bought that Minx from Ebay and my list has already started. I'd like to know what to expect to pay.

Ranman
05-06-2003, 09:55 PM
For an 18 Classic your looking at $600 for the 2 front seats, $249 for the rear bottom cushion and $175 for each of the rear side cushions (2 required). Total for you non-adders is roughly $1200.00. A Minx may be different, but this gives you an idea.

Stix Magill
05-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Built Rite made a full Minx setup (2 buckets and a back seat and backrest) for around $1200. This was a year ago, before the ownership change. It lloks great and I can't wait to install it. Waiting for the boathouse to be finished.... :mad:

Scott

MOP
05-07-2003, 07:07 AM
I had a very nice chat with them also, I have a unique problem. The 16 I have has really good upolstry having been in storage for seven years. But the seat bottom covers cracked, the foam and inner covers are like new. The helm and backs are fine, I wanted to try to get just covers for the cushions. We got to talking and he is right that it would be better to change out the whole setup. I did have a local shop do a temp recover on the bottoms last year, so now I have to decide whether or not to bite the bullet and go for the $1400 and do the complete set up or wait till the rest gets weak.

boldts
05-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Bilt-Rite did the interior in my 18 about 4 or 5 years ago. I replaced the complete bucket seats (not just the covers) and rear bench. with shipping, I think it was in the $1500 range and all I had to do was bolt the sliders to the bottom of the buckets. Other than the Turbo prop on our 22, that interior was the best cost effective item ever replaced on the 18. Made her look like she just came off the assembly line. If the 22 needs interior work, Bilt-Rite will be getting a call from me!

Walt. H.
05-07-2003, 11:32 AM
Definitely the way to go!

I had a local shop do mine. I had a estimate of $12 to $1400.00 plus tax from them,
"But not in writing". = Two bucket seat's, one rear bench and two rear cushion that go along side the engine cover.This is a non-Donzi (glastron/Carlson CVX-18)Plus new foam.They took all winter everything was carried in and carried out, no installation. Total cost when notified=$2133.00 eek!
When I asked what happened to the original estimate? The reply was it took longer then he planned, and he charges $53.00 per hour labor! But I gave you a break I didn't charge you for all the extra time it really took.I asked why didn't you notify me first if you were running into problems? He never gave me a straight answer, even though he is legally obligated to. But only if it was in writting! Plus he changed some of the design pattern without first asking. There are "seams" that don't line up from one side to the other, wrinkle's that never straighten out as he said they would even though i knew better, over stressed stitching seam's,etc!
Basically "I paid for Steak and Got Chop Meat" ! Moral of the story Get prices in writting, regardless of how friendly and reassuring they are at first.
Final note I'm not the only one this has happened to there many.I just heard a co-worker had a tonneau cover made for his p/u truck bed,= $300.00 for a plain snap on no lift type.

"You live and Learn !and "Appreciate the Good"!

Regards to all,
Walt..