PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) Donzi owner

1996Z15
05-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Well I finally went and did it. I just bought a 1986 Minx that was just on Ebay. After much debate and soul searching I finally took the 2 1/2 hour drive to check the boat out. It needs minor cosmetics, at least I hope they're minor, but overall I think I got a great deal. It's red over honey with a matching interior, came with service records dating back to the mid 90's and it had some kind of funky cover for the center stripe.
The guy I bought it from seemed very upfront about the boat and he even took it to the boat ramp and took me for a ride.
Anyway, I thought that I would share my excitement with you guys and warn you to be prepared for many questions.

Dredgeking
05-04-2003, 06:05 PM
sweet. the minx's selling on ebay have looked pretty good. i'm glad a board member picked it up.

Greg
05-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Congragulations, those Minx's are nice boats. Welcome to the board.

Cuda
05-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Congratulations, I've been lusting for a Minx for a while. If I hadn't just bought the Formula I would have been after the one you bought. Good luck with her! :D

Tomahawk
05-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Hello Jersry Minx - congratulations on a nice looking and rare boat. Same color as Jerry Eisele's 22 which is for sale. Nice color combination. I looked at one here about a year ago but it wasn't nearly as nice as the one you got. Think about bringing it to AOTH on Lake Cumberland at the end of this month.

boldts
05-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. I looked at the Minx before buying my first Donzi which was a 18' Classic. Always liked the style of the boat. I'm now a 22' Classic owner and President of the Midwest Donzi Club. I welcome you to join the club if you wish. Won't get you anything special, but maybe a few more Donzi friends. The club's developement was for the sole reason of Donzi owners to meet and interact with other Donzi owners. Hence our annual gathering at Lake Cumberland in Kentucky every year. "Awakening of the Horses" or AOTH for short. Put Jamestown, KY into Mapquest for the location.

1996Z15
05-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. What is AOTH and where is it? How hard is it to find parts for the Minx?

Tony
05-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Having attended the first and second AOTH's, I can personally attest to the beauty of this lake. Take Scott's advice and caravan from Joisey on over to Kentucky. You will NOT be disappointed!

McGary911
05-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Congratulations! Good to see another Donzi coming to Jersey, gotta keep up with those Texans, ya know. A minx came for sale in Brick, NJ about a year ago, and board member beat me to it by a day. Guess i got caught snoozing on that one. The member is SS18, i think, and he lives in Brant Beach, NJ, pretty close to you I believe. My boat is the same color as yours, i really like the combo. Good luck with it, and hope to see you on the water some day.

1996Z15
05-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Well the boat came home today and is sitting in my side yard. I couldn't be happier, until I'm on the water with it I suppose. It needs some cosmetic work but I suspect that'll be the funn part.
Thanks for all of the well wishes; this is really a great forum.