PDA

View Full Version : windshield

Steve's Classic 22
02-06-2003, 03:30 PM
I need a windshield for a 1987 22' Classic. Can any body help?

Murphy
02-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Steve,

is it the unframed bent 3/8 plexiglass or does it have the ss frame? Do you need the whole thing or just a section?

Murph

Steve's Classic 22
02-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Murphy:
Steve,

is it the unframed bent 3/8 plexiglass or does it have the ss frame? Do you need the whole thing or just a section?

Murphit is the unframed bent 3/8 plexiglass. I need the whole thing. I took a cruiser wake over the bow and broke into about 6 pieces.

ITTLFLI
02-07-2003, 10:25 AM
Great topic!

I need just the left side also!

Steve's Classic 22
02-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Murph,

Thanks for your reply. Let me tell you the story so maybe you will understand what I'm going through. When I bought my 87 22' Classic 2 years ago the passengers side windshield was broken off and gone from the passengers seat on back. This looked rather stupid because the drivers side was still intact. So I took a jigsaw and cut the drivers side off to match the passengers side. This looked pretty good for a quick and cheap fix. Last year I took a cruiser wake over the bow and it broke the main part of the windshield into about 6 pieces. I have found some companies on the web that will try to make a new mold if I would ship them the pieces that I have. I will do that as a last resort but would rather find an old windshield or someone who has a mold that they have already used . I'm just afraid that the pieces would not creat an accurate mold. I,m going out of town for the weekend and will be back sunday. Thanks for any help you could give me Steve

RedDog
02-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Steve - sorry to hear about your misfortune, but glad to see your post. If you remember, I met you Fall before last prior to the LSU game down with the Vol Navy. I was in the white 18 Classic. Looked for you all last summer on Ft Loudon hoping to hook up for some cruising. Maybe, this Summer.

Murphy
02-07-2003, 08:57 PM
Steve,

Bad luck man. I have a source for the 3/8" dark plexiglass near me and in fact I'm having the center section on my 86 replaced this winter. Previous owner replaced it with 1/4" at some point. The company near me can bend the wind deflectors but it will take somebody with a pretty good size oven to form the side panels. You might get lucky and find one from a salvage yard. I'll look around some and maybe one of us will get lucky.

Murph

KMLFAMILY
02-09-2003, 07:20 AM
How about if you made your own templates and contact.
http://www.multifab.com/boat/windows.htm

Bad-Tat
02-09-2003, 08:33 AM
Will the windshield from a new one fit? Didn't they go back to the unframed Plexi type?

Budmann
02-09-2003, 09:16 AM
Bad-Tat... I am looking "hard" for one of those

Will post when I find one.

Richard
02-09-2003, 09:19 AM
There was a place in Miami, G&B custom windshields, I think his name was Guillermo, that did some work for us last year. Anyone know of him?

Barry Phillips
02-09-2003, 10:36 AM
If your 22 has a rim or lip arround the passenger tub like the newer 22s the new style windshield should go right on. Compare your boat to a new one, look for this lip that functions as a attactment base for the unit. I have been told that older 22s had a deck similar to the 18. I'm not sure.

SO-SLO

LKSD
02-09-2003, 12:09 PM
TRY A&A MARINE THEY MADE A PLEXIGLASS WINDSHIELD FOR A VINTAGE CENTURY SPEED BOAT THAT MY SHOP RESTORED & THEY MAY BE ABLE TO MAKE ONE FOR YOU. EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT THE TEL#
WWW.LAKESIDERESTORATIONS.COM (http://WWW.LAKESIDERESTORATIONS.COM)