PDA

View Full Version : MINX COLORS AND PROD #'S??

DUCATIF1
05-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Anybody know color options and production numbers? What is LTD?

Stix Magill
05-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Ducati,

I don't have regualr Minx production numbers, but the 1987 Limited Edition was a run or 25. I think all the limiteds were white with dark blue sides and stripe. The only other color I have ever seen is white with red. There a 6 or 8 listed in the registry. I have one and there is a small engraved plate below the trim tab buttons to the far right of the dash stating "Built for_______" and "Number XX of 25 Made". The trim tabs are among the limited features I assume, but I am not sure. I think all came stock with SBC 350s and Alphas.
Email with any specific questions about my Minx if you like.
Scott Smith

Tim Morris
05-07-2003, 08:37 AM
I have an '87 Minx, white with red sides & stripe, purchased new in Winter Haven FLA. It is not one of the 'Limited' models, but has trim tabs, 350 mag & Alpha. I believe they made 155 of these (Minx) during '86 & '87.

BUIZILLA
05-07-2003, 09:04 AM
It is my understanding the ALL of the Minx LE models were black/white with red accent stripes.
Interiors were ALL done in grey with red piping.
Mine is #10 of 25, hull #119, however the *built for* is blank on my gold tag, so mine was prolly a dealer stock order, not a specific build order.

J

DUCATIF1
05-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Thanks for numbers. In my hunt I have found a yellow/white, red/honey, your scheme and the one I am thinking about. It is blue and honey? with a red stripe with a tan interior. Only one I have seen like that in my short Donzi experience. If this one doesn't work out I am done and back to cars for summer. Thanks again for help. Brian

Dalelama
05-07-2003, 03:21 PM
My 87 MINX is white / blue stripe..custom ordered blue gelcoat bottom (below last chine).
Only Merc Performance 320EFI powered one I know of.