PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn Ole Fart!

MOP
02-06-2003, 10:22 AM
The www.minicraft.com (http://www.minicraft.com) site got my dander up being so intrusive, my firewall goes absolutely nuts my finger gets tired of allowing them in. So now I would not spend a DIME there.

Does any one have 5-6 Oz's of Classic White they want to sell, will pay reg retail no prob. I have just few smal nicks here and there I want to disappear.

riverrat
02-06-2003, 10:37 AM
mop, be carefull that white changed a few times over the years looking at that site's color codes. :D why don't you call donzi customer service? they my be able to help.

2cents
the rat..

abelchinewalker
02-06-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a problem with Minicraft, I've dealt with them many times in the past and they have always bent over backwards to make things right. I normally talk to Donald, he is the son and very helpful.

Donnie Abel

MOP
02-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Hi they are probaly fine guys, but who ever built the site did not have to whack you so many times getting on and going around the site. Anyhow I have a 91 Sweet 16, someone has to have a little gel coat kicking around.

kgoodman
02-07-2003, 10:13 PM
M.O.P.

I was browsing through the Donzi registry web site and came across this thread indicating that you had problems with the www.minicraft.com (http://www.minicraft.com) web site. I am the Webmaster for the site and am curious as to what type of issues you ran across. You indicated that "the site was so intrusive, your firewall goes absolutely nuts my finger gets tired of allowing them in". What exactly is
happening when you are attempting to load the pages? I would really appreciate your assistance in helping me resolve this issue, as I have not heard of such problems in the past. I would definitely appreciate a chance
to investigate/resolve the issue and not lose your patronage. You can contact me directly at kevin@minicraft.com. Thanks in advanced for your assistance.

Kevin Goodman, Webmaster
Mini-Craft of Florida, Inc.

MOP
02-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Hi Kevin my first experiance with the site I got black screened 5 times. Then with advice I tried going into the homepage, then navigating to the Donzi/retail page. I did get in with no black screen. but got hit on my firewall about 12-15 timrs getting to the gel chart. At that point I was Pi****. I am getting to be not to tolerant with web pages. I've been screwing with this junk sincw before 300 baud phone in cradle style modems. Where the web has gone does not make me happy anymore. 95 percent of the my buds have absolutely no clue what is WAS! Yup its the information highway, but everyone wants to know where you last FARTED! Its damn near as bac as big brother.

Sorry I am a bit S*** Faced! WIN98 & Tiny Software Firewall E Trust Anti virus. All ports pretty tight.

Written after alot of very fine wine!

kgoodman
02-08-2003, 12:24 AM
M.O.P.

Thanks for the feedback. I plan to look into this issue further but it sounds like you may have encountered issues with our web site's traffic statistics service. We use the service to track the number of page hits per day, month, year, etc., who the visitor was referred by, search engine used, etc. This information assists us in our day-to-day web planning and decisions. Although we don't utilize many of the statistics captured, it does go out and check what OS, screen resolution, browser version, etc. that the visitor is running. This is probably where you encountered your problems.

Ah yes...300 baud modems with phone cradles and 8" floppy discs....those were the days.. :p

I am really sorry you ran into these issues and would just like to tell you that the 2003 Mini-Craft of Florida catalog is available on CD (PDF format) and also hardcopy (in about 4 weeks). It contains all of the same items (and more) found on the web site. If you are interested in obtaining a copy of either or both, please give us a call at 1-800-282-8244 or send us an email at info@minicraft.com.

Thanks again for your assistance. Have a great weekend.

Kevin Goodman, Webmaster
Mini-Craft of Florida, Inc.

MOP
02-08-2003, 10:56 AM
Kevin thanks for you reply, I am sure most every site tracks its usage. Possibly its the way the code is written that my firewall protests to. My apologies for being a Grumpy Ole Fart!

Zinger
02-08-2003, 06:55 PM
MOP give me a call or e-mail and i could set you up with some white gel 86 classic if thats the color your looking for. And let me put my 2-cents in about mini -craft i used them about six times and their colors match pretty good, but i had a problem with their vinylester primer ,i was using epoxy to fix a repair and i called mini and wanted to apply gel-kote over the epoxy repair they recommended vinylester primer ,which never cured over the repaired areas i talked with several people from this company and they all had different stories about what the problem was . But the problem could not have been from the product they sold me it must have been the way it was applied or you did not follow the directions the right way. After several attempts to talk with mini to resolve this problem with their product no one could be reached, so to everyone who buys mini products and has issues with them good luck . Just my 2- cents Jeff

Zinger
02-08-2003, 06:57 PM
MOP my phone number is 203 877-7560

BillG
02-09-2003, 01:13 PM
The problem with the primer could have been you. Some polyester primers stay tacky and will not set until you put the finish coat over them.
Bill G

Zinger
02-10-2003, 07:04 AM
Hay Bill , i wish that was the problem but their is a big difference between being tacky and not curing i'am not sure about polyester over epoxy but the rest of the hull dried fine, just those areas of the repair which were cured .