PDA

View Full Version : Did Donzi Ever Sell Unfinished Hulls???

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
05-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Experts:

Check this out and tell me if you think this is genuine, factory "second", or splashed by another builder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&photodisplaytype=2&indexurl=2&item=2413800997

It seems very unlikely that a defective unfinished hull would make it out the door, but who knows?

Very curious,
FR :confused:

MOP
05-03-2003, 08:15 AM
I was wondering the same thing, it looks like it has a few holes on the deck lip but no light, rail or anything else. Oops almost forgot it does have tow eyes. I copied the Ebay item# for those that did not see the post in Donzi's for sale #2413800997 Looks like a great project if its not bogus.

kk89z33
05-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Most likely a left over unfinished boat from the indiana plant(Chris-Craft/Donzi)at the end of the OMC days. I would imagine there were many left over/unfinished boats when Donzi went dormant in the mid 90's.

Islander
05-03-2003, 11:18 AM
In my humble and perhaps flawed opinion, whatever the origin, the cost of finishing a project like this one may end up kind of on the high side. If you consider that you would need to buy engine/drive, steering, fuel tank, gauges, windshield, tabs, interior, trailer, etc.(not to mention labor). At the end of the day, you could probably find a complete and well cared for 22' and still have a enough left over to fill the fuel tank for a few years.

Manny

MOP
05-03-2003, 06:58 PM
I have heard it said several times that the hull is under 20% of the coat the rest is PARTS and lots of them. That statement pertained to much larger boats but I would think even with the elimination of the systems in a big boat that project would still run 10K plus and plus alot of work.

Islander
05-03-2003, 07:30 PM
At the Miami Boat Show, I asked at the Merc booth about new 350 with an Alpha drive and remember the list to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $15K. So to stay under the $10K for the project one would have to stick to buying used stuff.

Manny

oldLenny
05-04-2003, 10:00 AM
...keep in mind Merc power is about 4-5$K cheaper to buy in Canada than in the US...NEW 377 Scorpians and Bravo ones are $13K US out of the box (due to the fact that Mercury knows we are all broke up here and if they want to see black in the water they have to price it right.) :D